“Excellent Service!”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We recently held a very large conference at this hotel (over 400 people). Our organization holds meetings and conferences all around the country. The service at the Doubletree was by far one of the best!! Mimi and her staff are awesome!! They accomodated our every need and more. We will definitely use this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,584)

Reviewed August 5, 2010

The hotel itself was nice in general, nothing special. The location was great, close to the Henry Ford Museum, and stores; Walmart Supercenter, Target, and Burlington Clothing.
Easy access to highway to and from Detroit. The room itself could of been better.
The restaurant service inside the hotel was great.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband I stayed here for two nights recently. Overall, a good stay. Pleased with the location. Very nice lobby, cookies @ check-in are a nice touch. I had requested online to have extra towels and a fridge in the room. Apparently they did not get the request.
Check-in was efficient and friendly enough. Room was in pretty good condition. Wireless internet access code available at the desk. From the reviews, I wasn't sure the internet was free, but it was.
We didn't sleep all that great. Bed was super comfortable, but both nights there were groups of kids next to us slamming into our door, running down the halls, trying to open OUR door, etc until at least 2 am. Can't really blame the hotel, we didn't call to complain so I don't know what their reaction would have been.
I was most excited about the gym, good looking equipment all with personal tv's. What I found though was that almost every piece of equipment was somewhat malfunctioning. I managed to find one elliptical machine and one treadmill that both the machine itself and the tv/sound were working. Still one of the better gym facilities I've seen in a hotel, so I shouldn't necessarily complain about that.
We purchased our room online with a package that covered breakfast buffet. This was basically a glorified continental breakfast. Can hardly believe the price was $10 if you didn't have the little voucher we did. Had your typical continental breakfast fare, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon, and waffles. Not bad, but not worth $10 quality-wise. The restaurant is nice looking, though. Servers brought coffee and juice, which was good. I think the coffee served was starbucks. The first morning our waitress, Nancy, really made a good impression. She actually looked like she was enjoying her job (and at 8 am, that's impressive to me) and was very friendly and helpful. She even got us coffees to take with us. I was hoping to sit in her section the next morning, but I ended up in another womans section who was not so enthusiastic. She brought coffee and juice, but never said a word after that. I wouldn't have been that disgusted with this if Nancy hadn't been so awesome the day before.
Overall, we will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Really, this is the best Detroit has to offer? I couldn’t believe this was the number 1 rated hotel in Detroit. I had booked a room with a King Bed and when I arrived this was confirmed by the Check-In clerk. She promptly gave me my key and when I got to the room, I was surprised to see it was a room with double beds. Surely, it was just an error, so I went back to the desk where I was told that there were no king rooms available. I was shocked since she had not 5 minutes earlier told me that I was booked into a King room! The room I eventually received was really run down. The carpets were soiled, the bathroom floors looked like it had mould and mildew everywhere, the towel rack was coming off the wall, and there was a cricket chirping in my room all night. There were holes in the walls and doors, which were incredibly thin, and the coffee maker still had grounds in it from the previous guest. This is not what I would expect from the number 1 rated hotel in the area. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Detroit and certainly will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank TravellerSteven
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Not only a central location, but also very comfortable beds, quiet rooms, and a great breakfast make this a good place to base your tour of Detroit. Greenfield Village and the Ford Museum are just down the road. There are nice restaurants in the area. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2010

The rooms in this hotel were absolutely fine, but a member of the staff was extremely rude to my party when we couldn't get the elevator to function. He was walking by the elevator and was clearly an employee, and when we told him we were having trouble with the elevator, he said "it's amazing what pushing the button can do" and kept walking leisurely without a backward glance.

Not what I would call standard hotel hospitality after a long, exhausting day.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Selected this property due to proximity to client and reputation of the Doubletree brand. Traveling with my manager and wanted to impress him with this good choice. We had no trouble parking, received a prompt and courteous welcome. The desk clerk came around the desk to hand my key package to me and walked with me toward the elevator, so I would know where it was. Later I needed to print and fax some documents and Rachelle handled it promptly and efficiently. Much easier than using the business center.
I would come back and look forward to it.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business