“Excellent, value for money and great customer service”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I always check Tripadvisor before booking a hotel for my family. I would rather stay at home than be exposed to poor service or dingy digs. I can honestly say that the Doubletree Dearborn passed our test with flying colours. The hotel is clean, well appointed, friendly staff, good security and very passable food. We enjoyed a good breakfast each morning, had fun at the pool, ordered up a value-for money room service meal and made use of the free wireless. All this made for a very pleasurable stay while we had the time of our lives visiting the nearby Henry Ford (which by the way was included in our hotel package). We shall return!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Reviewed May 21, 2010

This hotel has great employees - my husband had mixed up our reservation dates when he bid on this hotel through Priceline, but they still honored our rate. The lobby area is very nice and the rooms are clean and comfortable (though with a slightly dated undercurrent). Loved the warm cookie at check-in. Business center had fast internet and free printing which was appreciated. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2010

This hotel is in kind of a scarey neighborhood- they have a full time security guard patrolling the parking lot. It is in Detroit, though, and I'm from Michigan and I understand Detroit is having its problems. At least I felt safe getting in and out of my car.

What bothered me about this property was the little broken things in my room - heater vent cover, closet door, TV screen with a big scratch. And the housekeeping is pretty terrible - my room wasn't vacuumed at all during the 3 days I stayed. Never use the glasses in the bathroom, either - if you hold them up to the light, you can see they were just wiped out with a towel (probably one of yours) and not cleaned at all.

On the plus side, the hotel desk staff is very nice and the fitness center and pool are great.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I spent a night here while on business, my second stay here. Like my first stay, I thought it was a nice place with good service but nothing extraordinary. The hotel itself is large, suitable for conferences and meetings. The guest rooms are comfortable but a bit dated in decor, no flat screen tv's, etc. Definitely showing wear. Free parking with security patrolling the lot and free wifi for HHonors members. Service at the front desk and at breakfast was quick and friendly. Hot breakfast buffet had a decent but not huge selection, $11. I would stay here again when in the area but wouldn't go out of my way.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This hotel has a great friendly staff and excellent house keeping practices. On site security runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have stayed at this hotel for several nights every April for many years and it is always a great pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2010

Spent two nights here and had no problems at all. Staff was very nice, hotel and room was very clean and quiet. High-speed wi-fi is $10/day but is free when you sign up for a Hilton rewards card. The drive to downtown Detroit from the hotel isn't long and there are some good restaurants within a short drive. Found it to be a safe area. For anyone worrying, security constantly patrolled the parking lot. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Recommended when in Dearborn area doing business with Ford. Safe. Security car patrolling the parking lot 24/7. Good restaurant. Very pleasant service. Convenient to restaurants and shops. Clean. Comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business