“For a good night sleep stay here....Not close to Convention Center COBO”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
juicycake
“For a good night sleep stay here....Not close to Convention Center COBO”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I attended the National Baptist Convention in June 2009 and I find this hotel to be worth the trip. The distance to the COBO Center in Detroit was a good ways but to return for a good nights sleep was all worth it. I will stay at this location again if I return to Michigan. The Buffet was a bit pricey; I only eat there once. I stayed 7 days.
A complimentary cab ride to the mall or walmart was $8 each way, but beware of the other cab companys they charge you $25.00 each way what a rip-off. I don't know if there was a price to park a car but next time I will make sure I reserve a rental. You really need one. Other than that everything was great.
I loved the rooms and the bed was like home, the staff was over the top. I had no problem at check-in nor checking out. The business center was conveniently located next to lobby.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
Allentown, Pa
Reviewed July 29, 2009

We recently stayed at the Doubletree Dearborn for a wedding weekend. From the first contact with event planner Kara Veldhuis; check-in with Rachelle; multiple special requests from the housekeeping staff; comfort of the accomodations and cleanliness of the fitness room, pool and spas; courteous and efficient waitstaff; upto and including a very last minute dinner arrangement with Jason -Grille 39; our experience was first rate! We will definitely frequent this facility whenever we are in the Detroit area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
TORONTO
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Clean, GREAT GYM (that matters) and the staff are out of this world. Everyone is saying hi to you, the breakfast was great. Some older lady waitress there felt like I was at my parents house she was so hospitable -- except no one was yelling at me! You could see she loved her job - because she made everyone feel bad. I didn't have any US money and I wanted to tip her off my room and she would have nothing of it. I will bring her a gift next time. The front desk clerk checked me in late at night and out mid day the next day and was amazing... janitors saying hi -- very cool place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Columbia, SC
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We (43 of us) had a very good experience at The Doubletree Hotel in Dearborn. The whole staff were professional, courteous and service oriented. The sales manager, Mimi Sion, was especially flexible and treated us as if we were the only customers she had. Our whole group was very pleased with the stay and hope to come back.

Skid Logan

Chicago
Reviewed June 12, 2009

This facility provides the right combination of location to the primary business community of the Detroit metropolitan area and Fairlanes Mall; along with cleanliness and staff professionalism. The rooms are modern and well appointed with adequate security (card entry doors throughout building and elevators along with parking lot monitoring) to place your mind at ease. The lobby and amenities are presentable ( workout facility , swimming pool, business center, store, restaurants) for the business or leisurely user. I have stayed at this facility on multpile occassions with stellar service every stay.

Chicag0
Reviewed June 3, 2009

This is our second year we stayed at this hotel. It was very clean all over. Especially the rooms. It was convenient and close to everything. Staff were courteous and helpful. It might not be the lowest in price but it was very good and it was worth it. We would stay there again when we visit in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Hartford
Reviewed May 22, 2009

The hotel staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. My room was clean and everything in it worked as it should (not always the case in other hotels). I had plenty of outlets to power up my electronic devices without moving furniture to find hidden outlets. The restaurant was willing to alter the menu selections to satisfy the customer. Free use of the business center was also a plus. No fee for computer use.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business