“Very Good hotel and close to atractions”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This hotel is very nice the staff was very friendly and responsive especially the young man that was pushing the cart full of towels, he was very professional and friendly, I would have thought that he was the manager or supervisor the way he should his concern about our stay there. The restaurant was expensive for the amount of food you got but the waitress was friendly.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Troy D, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank-you for sharing your positive stay experience at our hotel! I will definitely share with my entire team that you had friendly, responsive interactions. One of our first requirements for any staff member is to provide that type of service and I am glad it showed through during your stay! When your travels bring you back to our area please let us know and we will be happy to have you as our guest again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Everything was great but a few minor things: Our room smelled like it had been smoked in, even though smoke free hotel. The restaurant was not open for service as late as it had said on the menu...we were disappointed. Few major pot holes in parking lot. We ordered breakfast to the room and it was cold and was very bland. Room was clean & Guest services were friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We really appreciate your thoughts on your stay Heather R. Although some of the experiences you encountered may seem minor - they are all major to us! We are in the process of completing work to our entire parking lot and I will be reviewing our menus for accuracy. I was very sorry to read that your room had a smoke odor. We are reevaluating our procedures when it comes to guest rooms that have these type of issues to better serve our guests. I know this can be very frustrating. Our room service amenity is of great importance to us and certainly to you the guest and the quality of the food should never be any less than for those that dine in our restaurant. I'm very happy we did provide friendly, helpful service and although it does not replace the concerns you had it certainly is what our guests should experience. Please give us another try when you are in the area to have a better stay that is up to the standards our guests have come to expect.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Flew in pretty late from the West Coast last night and was looking forward to sleeping in for a bit this morning. Housekeeping knocked at 7:15 am (which would be 4:15 according to my sense of time) to clean the room! I understand things happen so I went back to sleep and at 9:00 am the knocking returned. So frustrating!!! I'm only here one night so what is the big hurry!!!!! Wait until I check out before cleaning the room please.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Avl

Dear Avl, I was so sorry to hear about the challenges you had on your recent stay. I can assure you we have addressed this with our housekeeping staff to ensure this will not happen to you or to any of our future guests. I appreciate very much that you shared your candid views of your stay because the only way we can improve the quality of the service we provide is from feedback such as yours. I hope you will give us another opportunity so we can give you the level of experience that our guests have come to expect. Thank-you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This was by far the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at and will be looking forward to more double tree hotels in the future. Very clean, quiet, and comfortable. An excellent value. I am handicapped and room was very easy to use even in my wheel chair.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Jeffery M, Thank you for sharing your positive experience of our hotel. We at the Doubletree always strive to provide a great value to our travelers and make every stay clean and comfortable. We certainly would love to have you back to visit us the next time you have accommodation needs in the future!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed at the Double Tree in Dearborn, MI while we were there for a baseball tournament. Nothing luxurious, but the room was clean,comfortable and quiet. and the food at Grille 39 was very good. Best part, the staff, who are very friendly and helpful. The Grill 39 manager should get a big raise - and maybe a chance to go home every now and then to see her dogs- it seemed like she was there around the clock. The wait staff was also very friendly and good at their jobs - we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am glad you were able to visit us during your recent baseball tournament - hopefully it was a success. Our restaurant manager, Shawn, is extraordinary! She and her staff pride themselves on providing great food and excellent service. Thank-you for recognizing that! Anytime you are back in the area stop by and see us!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The staff at the front desk are excellent employees, especially Leslie and Josh Turner. I assumed that each room had a refrigerator. I needed one for my medicine. I was wrong. So Leslie made sure my medication was placed into their own hotel refrigerator. My ice packs were placed into their own freezer. Next morning, my medication and ice packs were available, preserved as they needed to be. Josh Turner was a great guy. We asked for directions to go to the Ford Museum. He not only told us, but he took us outside to show us the path we should take. We wrote his directions on paper, and we easily got to the museum. Thanks for excellent service !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator .
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Deek24, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences of our hotel. Both Josh and Leslie will be glad to hear that they were able to make your stay enjoyable - we are fortunate to have them both on our team! We will be having refrigerators in all of our guest rooms in the very near future - thanks to feedback from guests such as yourself. We look forward to your next visit to the Ford Museum or any of our other area attractions!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I travel fairly often for business and there's normally at least one thing that's less than excellent about a stay, but not so in this instance. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower was great, the complimentary breakfast was better than most, the exercise room was well-equipped and the staff were excellent. No complaints.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank-you for staying with us and sharing your thoughts on your stay! Our team is always grateful to hear they have made a positive impact on a guest experience - especially in areas such as cleanliness, friendliness, and providing a great breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!