“Always a good stay at Doubletree Dearborn”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I've been coming to the Doubletree in Dearborn every April, for a few years now. The hotel has gone through a few changes over the years, but has always been a nice and spacious experience. Very large lobby with atrium. Large meeting rooms. I have very few complaints.

The hotel was getting a little long in the tooth however and is finally undergoing some much needed renovations. A little bit of a downer, was that our room had been renovated. However, they failed to renovate the bathroom door. Still had the old one. In a way, it looks like a 3/4 renovation. Still, the Double Tree is a good value. Just don't wander a block north. Whatever you do, stay south of the hotel, because immediately north of there are places you don't want to be, even in an armored car.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kayla A, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. I am so glad that you had a great stay and that you as well are looking forward to our current renovations being completed. I see that your annual visit is due to the Banjo event every year. We would love to have you and the rest of the group return next year, as we also enjoyed hosting the event at our hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Kind Regards,
Kayla Apperson
Social Media Manager

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is under a renovation and from what it looks like, it should be very nice when they are done. Most of the bathrooms are done and they look very nice. There is a little bit of dust and dirt from the construction, but that should end soon. The staff is outstanding. Great group of friendly, helpful people making this a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This Banjo Conference has been using this excellent facility for 25 years! Many of us attend several of these conferences/jam sessions/stage performances in various parts of the country, and we all agree that this is by far the best hotel lay out for what we do! Because of this we are able to play until the wee hours of the morning without disturbing the other guests.

It takes more than a comfortable room to make a good experience and the staff is the key. Staff support here is second to none. From the general manager right on down, the service is top notch. Liz Rauchman on the front desk will do anything to make your stay as pleasant as possible and Mimi Sion will make it all happen! Their co-workers and staff are just superior.

There are several rooms that are being renovated but there was simply no bother to us.

I would not hesitate to recommend this fine facility to anyone. I'm sure that some can find fault but the one word descriptor for this hotel is, superior!

Room Tip: Take a ground floor near the back and park near door numbers 4 or 5.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our company had a two day conference here. Really nice. My husband came with me and worked from the room- great internet and comfortable room to work in. We had breakfast and had drinks in the restaurant during our stay. I had lunch with conference group- good food and selections.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I know this hotel is under construction but the surrounding area needs to be picked up. I went to the bar, the bartender Pam very nice but it was obvious she could use some help she would disappear to the back so I was lacking the attention I'm use to from Hilton hotels. The rooms were ok lets put this way I'm not impressed. The one thing this hotel has going is very nice staff

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shannon R
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had never stayed at a Hilton before, so I expected some luxury amenities. The staff were helpful/friendly, the place was clean, and the room was adequate...but nothing really different from the lower-class hotels I typically use. There was no microwave or fridge in the room, the breakfast was the typical stuff you'd find at any hotel (other than the french toast was hard as steel), and the location was in a very dirty, run-down neighborhood. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay for attending the attractions at The Henry Ford. The rate was pretty high for what we received...paying for the name, I guess.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We recently stayed at the Doubletree for our wedding, and I have nothing but good things to say! Stacy and the whole staff were great to work with throughout the whole planning process. We had many guests and family members stay at the hotel over the weekend and we received so many compliments on the whole event. Being a bride is stressful enough but I felt the staff was so accommodating and took great care of us. The food was also excellent! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: April 2014
Kayla A, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a trip advisor review. It is your feedback that not only helps us as a business improve, but helps us create much better experiences for you in the future.
I am so happy to see that your event was such a success. Thank you for allowing us to take part in creating such a memorable day for you and your guests. Just so that you are aware, we have many positive changes happening in our hotel! We are currently undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation that will not only improve our guest rooms, but our banquet halls, lobby, and Grille 39 restaurant. Although your special day has already passed, we would love to have you return to create NEW wonderful experiences for you.
Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing.

Kind Regards,