“good service”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Cleveland, Ohio
“good service”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very nice hotel. Front desk service was excellent. Professional, friendly staff. At a busy time, 5pm on a Friday, checking in, I was given excellent service. Nice clean rooms. Location is easy access for business or pleasure in Dearborn. Lots of parking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DoubletreeDearbornGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I'm extremely pleased that you found our service efficient and professional during a busy check-in period. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Grandville, Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I struggled with what to rate this hotel. There are notable pros and cons, well I guess really one big con. The surrounding area is sketchy. Although the hotel has a fenced (and barbed-wired) parking lot and security, I was still nervous about leaving our car. The hotel itself however, was wonderful. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. We asked for extra pillows and towels and they were brought to our room in about 5 minutes. The hotel is also conveniently located for area attractions.

1 Thank BudgetMama_13
Thank you very much for your honest feedback. While the surrounding area is not the most appealing, I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and professional. Despite the surrounding area, the hotel and hotel grounds are extremely safe. In addition, we have many repeat business travelers that stay with us every week. It is out hope that with the changes in the City of Detroit, their will be an improvement in the neighborhood behind the hotel. In the interim, we ask that you remember the positive experiences you've had with us if you ever decide to return to the area.
Holt, Michigan
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We got the Henry Ford Package for 2. We are from the Lansing, MI area. Haley on the front desk gave us excellent suggestions where to go for dinner. We had a nice time. We feel secure and safe considering not really good neighborhood. There are security cars patrolling around all night the parking lot.
The hotel is very near Henry Ford Museum/Village and so close to the mall and eating places.
The service is excellent ! Liz Rauchman (Front Office Manager) is very helpful and always willing to do the extra mile to make sure we are happy as guests to the hotel.
We will definitely come back again if we are in the Detriot area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am extremely pleased that Haley and Liz took excellent care of you. I am also glad that you had a nice time at the Henry Ford Museum. Most of all, thank you for considering my hotel should you ever return to the Dearborn area.
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting the Henry Ford. We came down from northern Michigan and arrived about 2 hours before check in. Not wanting to have a fully loaded car parked in the lot I asked for an early check in and got it. The room was great...who cares if the view was of the surrounding neighborhood? As for the reviewer who described it as "sketchy" it was not as bad as some neighborhoods I have seen. The short drive to the Henry Ford was great......and everyone at the front desk was outstanding. You can't beat Doubletree Cookies.......

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your response and for making the trip down from Northern MI to visit the Henry Ford Museum. Additionally, thank you for choosing to stay at my hotel. I'm glad that you had a great experience with us. I also appreciate you recognizing this hotel for the jewel it is. It may not be in the most scenic location but the team here is very professional and genuinely cares about the happiness of all our guests. If you ever decide to make the trip back down to Dearborn again, we hope you stay at our hotel again as well as explore some of the other fun things to do in the Detroit-Dearborn area like the Motown Museum or the Eastern Market.
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great Hotel and Staff. We hosted a school reunion there. The food was plentiful and delicious. The conference rooms was spacious and well equipped. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and very good at their jobs. Our guests were pleased with the rooms, The handicapped rooms were well equipped .The banquet hall, pool, and exercise room.were all inviting. We had a very memorable reunion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad you had a memorable time at your school reunion and for allowing my hotel to be part of that experience.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great hotel & staff. They allowed my family to congregate in the main lobby. The conference room we reserved was nicely decorated and allowed my family to have enough room to carry out our activities. I felt the breakfast was a bit overpriced and did not appreciate the automatic tip giving. I would have liked to have a choice on whether I tipped the waitress or not. Other than that, the entire stay was delightful and I enjoyed myself. I did not get cookies at check-in which I feel is one of the highlights of staying at the Doubletree Hotels.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you had an overall nice time. You have my sincere apologies about the automatic gratuity that was added to your bill. Rest assured that this issue has been addressed. I'm also disappointed that you did not receive cookies upon check-in. Please E-mail me your address at Charles.mahabir@hilton.com as I would love to send you a tin of cookies to make up for the cookies you did not receive at check-in.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

It lives up to the excellent reviews. It was pretty much everything that I could want in a hotel. We got in around 2:30 and early check in was a breeze. The clerk coming around the desk to hand me our room cards and cookies, was a nice touch. All of my pre check in requests were honored. I requested a corner room and got it. I requested a room on a upper floor and got it. I requested a room opposite the highway and got it. I requested a microwave and refrigerator and got it. I requested extra towels every evening, and there was a knock at the door delivering towels within 5 minutes at the latest.
The water feature in the lobby, was very soothing. The lobby had a nice ambiance in general. The hotel was clean, and well maintained, inside and out. Security was always visible at the front entrance and in other areas of the parking lot. The beds provided a wonderful restful night after a long day at the track.
We were in town for the AAU Track & Field Junior Olympics, every year there are kids running around the hotel. There were kids running around the hotel on night four and I thought too myself "here we go again". But, on night five, there was nothing. Then, I notice that security was on the elevator checking the floors. Kudos to management, for handling that.
I called down to the front desk to inquire about the Detroit River and the Great Lakes, the young lady at the front desk went through the trouble of looking up a safe place to park near the river, and four state parks to see Lake Erie.
There was a free continental breakfast provided for the AAU guests, and it was always ready on time, if not early, so that we could get to our venues by 7am. Don't hesitate to book this hotel. This is one of the rare times, that I have rated a hotel with five circles.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room away from the freeway.