“Very Nice staff”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff was welcoming and the hotel was very nice. The beds were comfy. The only bad thing was that the rooms did not have microwaves nor refrigerators. It was nice that they let me have a late checkout for a minimal fee, so we didn't have to move our stuff out to the car while our event was going on.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The rooms and public areas were clean. The restaurant staff was pleasant and the food was good. This hotel needs to be more accommodating to the needs of families. Some in our group received free refrigerators and microwaves, while others had to pay extra. Also, the hotel would not allow a late checkout unless we paid 1/2 night's rate. We were there for a pageant, which did not begin until 2pm. Very disappointed that they would not honor this request.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a major conference center and has good access to the Heny Ford Museum area. I am not a hotel junkie picking every little thing apart. The hotel shows extensive use. Some of the rooms have been updated, however, our room still had pink tile in the tub area from the 70s. The floor tile was from the same era while the grout and caulking needed attention. The sliding closet door did not work and the hollow core birch door to the bathroom was paper thin. The room did have nice upgrades with a flat screen TV and a business center with good internet. The beding was fair. We found the the service to be very good. The gym area is upgraded, however there was no hand sanitizer to be found. I give this a three star at best

Room Tip: Ask for a room with has been upgraded 100%
1  Thank Cal1942
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I and another couple split a Henry Ford/Doubletree package, and we were very pleased.
I reviewed the museum, now on to the hotel.
At check-in, the young lady behind the desk was professional, friendly, efficient and dang cute! She was good enough to give us directions and such. And how can you not be impressed by the wonderful, warm cookies they give you as part of their greeting! And I was impressed by the fact the desk attendant actually comes out from around the desk and gives you the room keycard and shows you more about the hotel and such. Just a small touch, but a very nice one nonetheless.
The lobby is gorgeous, spacious, elegant and modern. The room was clean and well kept, and didn't have that "worn out" look that so many popular hotels have. Roomy enough. The beds were comfortable, and the hotel was relatively quiet.
We tried the pool, but the water was a bit chilly for us. Just a preference I'll bet. The workout room had a good variety of equipment and was clean and well stocked.

The hotel package included a breakfast buffet for all 4 of us and it was very nice. Good variety, and hot food was a wonderful way to start the day. The staff at the restaurant was friendly, just like the other folks we encountered.

So, in a nutshell... We will be back and will recommend this hotel to anyone who asks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Steve S
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed the night with the family to attend a sporting event and the hotel and staff were great. Pool and hot tub were both nice as our kids enjoyed both. Great location with easy access to and from major roads. Staff was very nice and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the Dearborn area over the last few years. Some of them have closed and some are still there, but this one is becoming my favorite place to stay in the area. I have stayed here a lot lately and the word from the 'regulars' matches my assessment. Great staff. Clean. Excellent meeting accommodations and great food. At first I was a little concerned about the area it is in but I haven't had any concerns or problems and none of the people I have talked to that stay there a lot more than I do have had any issues, either. I can easily recommend it to my friends, associates, and people traveling with family. The indoor pool and exercise area is great, too.

Easily one of the friendliest hotels that I have stayed at in a long time.

This is the first time I have ever written a review, so I must like it a lot!

1  Thank DistanceDriver0001
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I found myself staying at the Doubletree Dearborn when attending courses at Ford HQ. Usually we were put up at The Hampton Inn (A++ btw) but for this one week stint, we were put up at the Doubletree.
First for the positives:
- Exceptionally clean lobby and very nicely decorated.
- Front desk staff are quick to help you and are very proud to tell you about everything that is available within the hotel.
- When we stayed there they were just finishing up extensive renovations, but as a guest you would never know it. There was no issue with tradesmen walking about, noise level or even the usual dust and 'grim' that comes with renos. The hotel took great measures to ensure all renovations were kept to a particular part of the hotel and ensured guests could not access it or be disturbed by it. This was a big A+ for us!
- Starbucks coffee is served in the lobby during the afternoon and the hotel dining option was quite nice. A pleasant surprise after some horrible in-house dining experiences at other hotels.
- Rooms were spacious, clean and plush towels and robes await you (along with fresh baked cookies!)
- Gym is great. Very spacious and open and great equipment awaits you!

The not-so-positive-parts:
- The parking lot was filled with hydro trucks for a major construction project going on down the road (crew was staying at the hotel) and because of the huge Ford course, dozens of other cars were in the parking lot. We arrived and found ourselves without a place to park. Frustrating! When we went to check in (left car at front door), we informed the front desk agent, who apologized and called next door to a restaurant (Red Robin I think) and we were given permission to park there overnight. She also presented us with TWO tins of warm, fresh baked cookies (fresh cookies are a trademark check-in treat at the Doubletree).
- When we first checked in we were assigned a room that had been renovated but apparently hadn't been cleaned. About an inch of dust covered every part of the room and a stale mildew smell was obvious in the bathroom (despite having brand new everything). We called down to the front desk and were very quickly assigned a new room and sent another tin of fresh baked cookies.
-While getting out of the shower the next morning the housekeeping manager (a man) walked right into the room and saw me standing their completely naked. AWKWARD! I yelped and he screeched (yes, screeched!). The half dozen maids standing behind him just stood there for what seemed like forever. Needless to say I was livid! Turns out the guest room list he received was not updated so he was preparing to train new housekeepers on room upkeep when he barged in. I complained to the GM and was sent up a free tin of cookies (this is now the fourth tin we received in less than 24hrs) and a voucher for a free meal in the dining room.

When he followed up with us upon the check-out he apologized for the "comedy of errors" that had happened and gave us ANOTHER tin of fresh cookies (the fifth tin we received during our 3 day stay).

This was our first experience at a Doubletree Hotel and despite the parking and awkward manager walking in on me, we were impressed and have made a point of staying at other DT hotels when traveling in other cities. I have recommended this hotel to other business associates and have heard nothing but positive feedback about their stays.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business