“Detroit Rock City”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Toronto, Canada
“Detroit Rock City”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Mini girls weekend to Detroit, electing to stay at the Doubletree in Dearborn. Finding it off the highway is a little tricky but rewarding as you get the famous Doubletree cookie upon arrival (but at 300+ calories each, you may want to resist). Check-in was effortless and helpful. The room was well-appointed and clean; noise levels on our floor were just fine (we were about 10 doors away from the bank of elevators). No highway noise whatsoever, and were were facing the multi-lane highway. The pool and work-out facilities were excellent.
Just keep in mind that this location is near the Ford world headquarters in Dearborn... about a 20 minute drive into the downtown core of Detroit. Plan for a designated driver, as there is no significant public transit or shuttle available. A one-way cab into the downtown will run you $40 (which in girls' weekend language: 3.5 martinis). You are indeed close to some shopping (a Target store is a stone's throw across the highway overpass).

Room Tip: Always avoid elevators and ice machines ... but that goes for any hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heidorama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is huge but you are treated like you're the only guest there. The staff were very friendly. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. If I need to stay in the Detroit area again, I'm staying here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pelotek
Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Doubletree Dearborn for business. The warm cookie alone was worth the stay. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. The restaurant food was reasonably priced with some healthy options. The lobby and room were very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and stay again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Laura M
Fort Lauderdael
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms, right sized fitness center and business center and everything worked in the business center which is not usually the case in most hotels. Staff were very nice, warm cookie always makes it worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I attended a convention & stayed here for 3 nights, 4 days in late February. The room was very comfortable, clean, and well stocked. I also found the staff to be excellent. Staffer Mario was extremely helpful with getting my baggage loaded in and out of the hotel. On Friday morning after the snowstorm of the previous night, I needed to retrieve more of my wares for the merchant's room. Walking out to my van I found Ken Hope manning the snow blower and clearing the walkways. I never had to wade through the snow at all, made it back inside with dry feet. I found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and willing to accommodate requests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Paula H
Ypsilanti, MI
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Once again, our organization had its convention, ConVocation, at this wonderful hotel. I have to admit a bit of bias - anyone who gives you a warm, fresh chocolate-chip cookie when you check in rates VERY highly in my book! The place is wonderful, the people warm and friendly, the food was FANTASTIC, and everyone there, regardless of job, treated my wife and I like we were long-returning family. I love that!
We had a couple of minor problems with the room, but once the staff was notified, they were taken care of almost immediately. I look forward to next year when I can come again!

Room Tip: If you're concerned about noise, ask at the time of making a reservation. They will bend over b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randy_Weiser
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for five days and four nights. From the moment we arrived, the service was far above my expectations. We had several requests which were immediately answered. Check-in was smooth and easy. The staff was unfailingly polite and cheerful and was more than happy to deal with the occassional odd request or need. As far as the basics, the beds were awesomely comfy, the towels were plentiful, and the room was clean. The staff was knowledgable and helpful at every turn. The front desk staff delivered personalized service and was able to assist any time I had a question.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends