Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,643 results
All reviewshenry fordgreenfield villagefront deskcookiesdouble treehome away from homebreakfast buffetvery nice hotelbusiness tripshuttle servicehotel staffnice staymimilobbyconventiontubsevent
Reviewed November 2, 2012

In September 2012, my wife, 19 year old daughter, and I stayed here 13 nights. On the first night we experienced our first fire alarm ever, which was triggered by a hotel employee. By the 5th day, the linen hadn't been changed - although a card in the hotel indicates that linen will changed every 3rd day. On the 9th day, we returned late in the evening to discover that the room hadn't been cleaned at all. For a total of 13 nights, the linen was changed 3 times - 2 of these were only by our request. In addition, every single day - including the first evening - there was a piece of toilet paper on the bathroom floor, next to the tub. None of the cleaners discovered or removed it - which left us wondering how intense the cleaning actually was performed.
The room was lacking overhead lighting and a full-length mirror - much needed utilities when travelling with 2 women.
Noise from the adjoining room, with kids bouncing off the wall. We could hear toilet noises in the middle of the night from a room from the floor above.
Also on the first evening, someone tried to steal the plates off our rented car. We informed the security guard - who is always parked only near the front entrance; he suggest we report it to the front desk; the front desk attendant seemed totally disinterested.
Best thing about this hotel is the free cookies given out at the front desk - delicious, though surely fattening - but worth every calorie.
The hotel is located near a ghetto-type area. We actually had to purchase gas one evening nearby and saw drugs being dealt from a gas station. We left in a hurry.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank US_from_DK_2012
DoubletreeDearbornGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I sincerely apologize for your poor stay with us. Rest assured I am addressing with my team. I would like to make this up to you if possible. Please contact me at charles.mahabir@hilton.com so we can discuss more.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our club meeting (about 120 attendees) was well taken care of during our meetings. The rooms and service was fine, but the air in the hotel was very dry, causing health problems for a number of the attendees.

The restaurant was another matter. While the breakfast buffet was fine (it was included in our group rate), dinners were a different story. On two evenings we had wait staff who got the orders wrong or forgot them entirely. We had to wait a long time for the food and when it came it was barely warm. To top it off they automatically addded a 20% tip to our bill. I normally associate a 20% tip with excellent service. It seems obvious that if wait staff know they are automatically getting a tip they may be less motivated.

In summary - the hotels is ok but do not dine there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am a regular visitor to this hotel, I have seen some improvements but on the other side I always have the same complaint when they ask me for feedback, the service in the restaurant mainly in breakfast is always slow to deliver the check, the location of the hotel is good, there are a lot of restaurants around and shopping malls too, anyway a strongly recomend not to take breakfast at the hotel if you are in a hurry, the Bar service at Grille 39 is not good either, you may want to walk to a couple of bars that are around. The staff outside the restaurant is great and usually very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed here the first part of September 2012. I was greeted by two very friendly front desk staff. I'm a Diamond member and they took care of me even coming out from behind the desk tio give me my key packet and explain everything that was in the packet. My room was clean and comfortable. I had breakfast both days at the resturant and was very happy with the buffet they had. The second night I had dinner at the resturant and enjoyed my free drink. The hotel is located very close to all of the Dearborn attractions - The Henry Ford Museum, Green Field Village, The Ford Estate, Malls and movie theaters along with several resturants in walking distance. Free parking is nice along with the Doubletree cookie. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank polarisdan
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The front desk staff were very helpful; they rushed through my check-in as my flight had been delayed and I was late for a meeting. The room was too dark to work and the sink didn't drain, but the bed was very comfortable. Room service breakfast was not good - they forgot a number of items, but the location was just what I needed. Based on the other reviews, I may have caught them on a bad day, but I'd look for another option next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business