“Well pleased”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dearborn/Detroit MI
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Detroit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
OAK PARK
Reviewed October 2, 2012

very impressed with hawthorn suites. rooms were clean and well kept. only thing i didnt like was the desk staff when i pulled in and asked for info. she was very rude and disrespectful. when i arrived later to check in however the desk staff that was there was very friendly and informative.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

connie b, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dearborn/Detroit MI, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
I really appreciate your positive feedback, it will be shared with my staff and I would like to express their appreciation as well. We hope to welcome you back to our property in the future.
Thanks,
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I found this hotel through my allstate motor club discount plan. To start I would like to say that the amount of room you get in the 1 queen, 1 sofa bed, 1 murphy bed loft is excellent, beds were comfortable but that is where my bliss with this room would end? Upon enterence to the room we were bombarded with the overwhelmingly, powerful odor of urine and I am not talking about the; oops we forgot to clean a bathroom stench we are talking about the; someone took a pee in each corner and it is now in the padding type of stench it made me physically nauseous. Two tv's one upstairs one downstairs and one remote with no other one apparently anywhere in the entire hotel!

Ecstatic that I only had to spend one night in this hole in the wall because that overwhelming smell of urine gave me a massive headache. Security was a joke there was a bunch of craziness going on in the parking lot until almost 2 am. Horrible experience for me I will never stay here again regardless on the discount I recieve through my allstate motor club.

Room Tip: Steer clear of room 1022 it wreaks of urine. It needs a good shampoo or new carpet on the lower leve...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Taheera N
I would like to thank you for your feedback, I will use your concerns to address with my staff to improve where it is needed. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Thanks,

Travelers are raving about these Detroit hotels

INDEPENDENCE
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel is in a so-so area. I personally wouldn't stay in the area again. My room was located in a building in the back around the back side of the building. There was limited parking available and I didn't feel comfortable parking my car where I had to. Once walking into the room there was a spider web and a spider still alive in the bath tub. I called the front desk to cancel the rest of my stay. I received a call back shortly asking how the room was and I told the guy about the spider. He said okay and that was that. Later on I found a condom (in the wrapper but still disgusting) in a cabinet in the kitchen and another under the bed. That made me wonder what else hadn't been clean. I looked under the bathroom sink and found a used wash cloth that was dirty and stiff....made me think about the condoms...The breakfast was great. Upon check out I shared my concern's with the front desk. After talking about the spiders she asked "Nobody came out to spray?". And apologized and agreed with me that what I dealt with was disgusting. Because I only stayed one night instead of the three that I had originally booked my room rate increased from $55 to $79. Understandable because I cancelled but still I felt I should have received something more than a "I'm sorry that is gross" from the front desk. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

2 Thank AMANDA M
Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed two weeknights to go to Henry Ford museum and room layout was great, queen bed and bathroom in loft for hubby and I, then murphy bed in curtained off dining room for teenage#1 and sofa bed for teenager#2. TV up and down and kitchenette was handy, although not very well stocked. Room was quiet, bed was comfy. No welcome book to tell you breakfast buffet hours or pool hours, or nearby stuff. Breakfast was good, pool was fine, but hot tub was closed.
Do not use directions from their website, they end before you get there and it's not a neighborhood you want to get lost in or ask directions. I told girl that when we checked in and she agreed they were terrible, but no apologies, not too professional at desk until next morning. The guy that had to check us in was outside talking to his questionable looking buddies, which I had to walk through, nervously. He was just too casual. There was security on the property.
There was a Chili's restaurant, and Doubletree restaurant walking distance. Mall just across the freeway.

Room Tip: The loft room and murphy bed was great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hudsonville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is AWFUL. My family and I were appalled by the filthy room we received. Dust EVERYWHERE, stains on the mattress of the pull-out sofa bed (which, by the way, extended at least 3 feet into the air when we tried to lie down on it), plus HORRIBLE area. I was scared for our safety, literally. Especially when I saw a security camera at the front desk and a security guard walking around hotel. Read on, it gets better- we were literally there half an hour or so, disgusted by the room, and lady at front desk pretty much yhacked on the phone while we were trying to tell her how displeased we were. She said she couldn't offer us a refund. We demanded she call the manager. She did and manager wouldn't offer a refund either! We were there half an hour or so! Didn't even stay the night. Terrible, terrible service, terrible environment. Needless to say, we'll be writing/speaking with the top of the line in charge of hawthorn suites next. Last but not least- we changed our booking to a super nice hotel that was only ten dollars more! So yeah, save yourself a LOT of hassle- stay clear of this place! Unless of course, you want to be treated rudely, stay in a filthy room, hear loud and obnoxious people all night (including people belching at the top of their lungs from their hotel balcony- yup, that's the nice greeting we got), and feel unsafe! Yeah- I would rate it below terrible if I could!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lindsay C
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice place and good value. Rooms spacious and clean. We had myself and my 4 children in the one room. the boy doesnt mind a sleeping bag and the floor, so we were in great shape. I only stay at places with a Hot FREE breakfast in the morning as there are 8 of us total and that saves a ton of money. The front desk was very helpful, especially Marcy (cute also). Couple boys ont he basketball court shooting hoops that could have kept there mouthes shut a little more, but wouldnt keep me from staying there again. On the other reviewer comment about kids partying - they know have security on staff and to get into the parking lot you have to show your room key and id yourself. Nice. I would expect that would clean it up no problem.
Go Tigers!

Room Tip: Can be tough to find. Put in Chilis Dearborn (its right out front of the Hawthorn) Google takes yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Detroit
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
Hotel St. Regis
Hotel St. Regis
#19 of 33 in Detroit
Red Roof Inn Detroit – Dearborn/Greenfield Village

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dearborn/Detroit MI? Share your experiences!