“Great staff and accommodations”
Review of The Atheneum

The Atheneum
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Detroit, Michigan
“Great staff and accommodations”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

:D
I am very big on customer service (being in the field for over 15 years) so it was a must that I write a review on my stay here two days ago. I had reserved a King Suite (which was a very lovely room) and due to an issue with my bank, I encountered an issue when paying for my room. Rather than dismiss the fact that issues occur that are beyond our control, and possibly making it the most embarrassing night of my life. “Jay Benitez” at the front desk discreetly informed me of the situation and supplied me with ample time to address, and with his assistance resolve the issue. This allowed me to enjoy my night uninterrupted and without stress. Because of this I will also be reserving another suite this weekend and will continue to patronize this establishment because they obviously care about their customers and that unfortunately seems to be a lost art in many businesses today.

Mr. Brown

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mr B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just wanted to write a review mentioning a few members of the staff that were especially sweet and helpful to my boyfriend and I during our recent stay. Jessica who checked us in had just dealt with a very rude guest before us, yelling profanities in the lobby. That did not stop her from being kind to us and helping us find a nice room with a jacuzzi so we relax. Lakiesha was also very nice, pointing us in the right direction on a Sunday evening for what proved to be some of our most memorable musical experiences while we were in Detroit. Shaq was kind enough to drive us to our first destination and his brother (A bellman, not typically a driver - I'm forgetting his name) took us to the bus station the next day, both were very nice to speak with. If we are ever in the area again, I would stay here - and hope to see these lovely people again (as managers!). Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudsonville, Michigan
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The staff was okay, although they failed to mention that the refrigerator was not turned on so our food that we were going to take home spoiled.
The room is long and dark and the carpet was worn, could use updating.
It is centrally located and within walking distance of Ford Field House, Comerica Park, GM Renaissance Center and the Riverwalk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent a night here during the wonderful Detroit International Jazz Festival Labor Day weekend. Jessica, in reception, was especially helpful in finding us a quiet room on the 8th floor and letting us check in a couple of hours early. We used the free shuttle to get to the festival, which was a nice perk. Our suite was large, immaculate and quiet, even though it was across from the Greektown casino. We will definitely stay here again

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for a night following a concert in Downtown Detroit. The hotel is centrally located with good amenities in the surrounding area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were OK, but a little worn. Biggest drawback was the room location off of Lafayette. There was a nightclub across the street (Bouzouki) with very loud music / disc jockey. Couldn't get to sleep until after 2:30 AM when they closed it down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Athenium is walking distance to the Detroit stadiums. The hotel experience is excellent beginning with the valet parking staff. The rooms are large and very comfortable. Our check in process was flawless. The hotel is located in the Greektown area in which you will find great restaurants, bars and a casino. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went for an overnight trip to Detroit. Don't believe all the doom and gloom you read about it. Go and enjoy a great Downtown. Have stayed here in the past and was impressed with how they are keeping the facility in tip-top shape. Great service. Great rooms. Close to everything in Downtown. Also stumbled on one of the best Cuban restaurants a few blocks away - Vincentes. You have got to try it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple