“Wow I can't stop talking about the calzone.”

Detroit Beer Company
Ranked #48 of 1,109 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Detroit
“Wow I can't stop talking about the calzone.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stopped by for lunch and had the chicken, spinach calzone with a beer. It was fantastic! the best I have had in Michigan. Salad was good and the beer awesome.

• Visited December 2012

Southgate, Michigan
“Food Average”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food was just average bar food and I don't drink beer, but my husband liked it and would go back for beer and bar food.

Chesterfield, Michigan
“Not bad, a lil pricey”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Overall this is a decent place to eat. The place is on the smaller side so seating can be issue when the outdoor patio is closed. Food is good, service is good. Middle of the road overall. I would def try it out once.

Visited August 2012
Troy, Michigan
“Amazing food, disappointing service”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Right across from the Detroit Opera House and a stone's throw from Tiger Stadium, the restaurant is warm and rustic. We were seated quickly and looking at the menu, nothing stood out, so I settled on the chicken bbq sandwich with Bistro fries. From the first bite, it was love! Delicious, simple and perfect.

Now the bad news, our waitress was clearly late for an audition or audit, but she didn't have much time for us. My friend asked for the soup of the day and was assaulted with a barrage of words that went by so fast we thought it was all one word. The table wasn't set properly and she literally grabbed my plate when I lifted my hand to my mouth! Such a shame to have such disappointing service, but she was only one person...and really that food was great!

• Visited October 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Great food - Decent Beer”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great food. Beer is good, but there are better breweries both in Detroit (Atwater) and Warren (Dragon Mead and Kuhnhenn's).

Visited September 2012