“"Ever been to Cheers"?”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the neighborhood Bar, that everyone craves. The food is "Good to Great" and the Beer is Devine! seriously ! ( I. P A. is my choice ) Friendly atmosphere and Awesome Staff. I have never had a bad occasion here. "Ronnie YOU ROCK !!!!!!
Become a mug club member and Drink at a reduce price.. Also try the Detroit Dwarf Brew. They also make a excellant Manhattan.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Six of us went our to dinner after a Tiger's game. The location is really convenient to both stadiums and has plenty of parking around it. I noticed on their website that during normal times (when events aren't happening around them) they will discount parking at the Detroit Opera House's parking garage if you show your parking ticket. There is plenty of street parking around them as well.

After the game we really hustled over to the restaurant thinking it would be packed, but while it was busy there was no trouble getting a table. The restaurant wasn't too loud so we could talk and relax after the game.

The three of us who ordered beers all thought they were top notched brews with great flavor.

We ordered a variety of different foods from the Brigand steak with roasted vegetables which was outstanding to cups of their soup of the day which was very creamy and good. Even their CBS grilled chicken sandwich was well seasoned though a bit dry. The only real dud was the Asiago cheese dip we ordered as an appetizer at the recommendation of the waitress. It was served with tortilla chips that were a bit stale and the dip itself was not warm and had the consistency of a thick glue. The flavor was very bland. As hungry as we were, the dip mostly just sat there uneaten after we had a taste.

We wished we'd saved room for dessert since their grilled banana split looked so good at another table.

The prices were reasonable and our waitress was very efficient, though her recommendation for an appetizer was not appreciated.

This was a good ending to a fun day. By the time we finished eating, traffic had cleared and we were on our way with no waiting.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

What a great place to grab a beer and something to eat before a Tiger's game. I had the People Mover Porter - loved it and the fish tacos - excellent. Everyone else I was with enjoyed their beer and food too. This will now be my official pre-game beer and meal stop everytime I'm in Detroit for a Tiger's game. It's maybe two blocks to Comerica Park and right next to the People Mover.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Atmosphere was nice. Food was delicious. Great place to go after a Tiger's game.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband proposed to me here - of course we love the place! Good beer, mostly good food, usually always busy and our go to place when we are heading to a Tiger or Lions game. People mover access is great - so you can park elsewhere for less fi your making a day of it. Otherwise on non-event nights, use the parking garage across the street - the Beer Co will stamp your ticket for two hours free parking.

Been to Detroit Beer Company? Share your experiences!