“Hole in the wall hides great find”

Angel's Place Restaurant
Ranked #589 of 1,101 Restaurants in Detroit
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Hole in the wall hides great find”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

While I was in Dearborn I wanted to find a Puerto Rican restaurant, because there aren't any in Pittsburgh and I miss the food. I found this on Google and thought I would give it a try. It's not in a great part of town, which is usually a good sign in my opinion. Going in I was put off by the darkness of this place, they didn't have the lights on and I didn't think anyone was there, but an older man came from the back who was friendly. The menu is small, but we easily found something to eat. My hubby got two ground beef empanadas which he gobbled up with gusto. We shared a plate of roasted pig (pernil) and white rice with stewed kidney beans (habichuelas guisadas), which was as good as my mother's. I also had a stuffed potato ball (papa rellena) which was good. Overall I was very pleased with this place. Don't expect the elaborate Puerto Rican fare like pasteles or mofongo. This is more like the everyday food you would get at your mom's.

4 Thank Burghdutchess