“A great way to begin and end your trip.”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 14, 2010

This hotel is located at the airport, but it is a beautiful facility designed to provide a haven in a busy airport. Staff is welcoming and helpful, food service is excellent, rooms are comfortable and best of all, quiet. I used the Park and Fly service which meant they parked my car when I arrived and brought it to me when I returned 10 days later. If you fly Delta it is wonderfully convenient, though there are shuttles for other airlines on site.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I did an overnight in Detroit in order to catch an early morning flight to Miami. For being in Romulus (the city in which Metro Airport is located) amidst a huge airport, the hotel is exceptional. The whole thing is completely soundproofed from the outside ruckus of aircraft taking off and landing, and walking in, there is a waterfall with bamboo trees and neat-looking elevators. I would probably come back here if I had to stay overnight somewhere within range of the airport, even if I wasn't traveling the next morning. It was that pleasurable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2010

I canot believe how easy the Westin makes it to travel - we arrived at the front and was immediately greeted by somewhere to valet the car. In the morning all we had to do was take the elevator downstairs and walk directly to the ticket area for Delta. Upon arriving back, we gave the valet our claim ticket and within 10minutes out car was waiting for us at the curb!!!! AMAZING!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We were traveling into Michigan and the closest airport was Detroit. It was several hours in a car from our destination. Booking at the Westin meant that our family could take us to Detroit and drive back home at a reasonable hour. The location, therefore, was perfect.
The hotel was impressive, with an open lobby. Bamboo and japanese river rocks decorated the area. It had an urban, updated feel.
The purpose of our stay was to get a good night's sleep in order to catch our flight early in the morning. The hotel was perfect. We slept well, and were even able to take Starbucks coffee to-go from our room.
We had a quick, light dinner at the hotel bar. This is definitely a hotel for the business traveler; other guests were either glued to cnn playing at the tv bar or reading a copy of the NY Times. Friendly staff. The food was okay.
Great night's sleep... no worries about missing your flight or getting to the airport. You literally stroll onto the terminal. Wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I am a non-rev traveler and we never know when we will be canceled, bumped, or just plain not get on the departing flight...what an oasis in the middle of DTW chaos last sunday...you can negotiate price...divine bedding, so clean and QUIET and .nice to enter security in a quiet unhurried area...like having your private security!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Knowing we had a late arriving flight I booked a reservation. Because of snow in Atlanta we we going to be late for the reservation so we notified the Hotel of this fact. We were told if we did not keep the reservation we would not get a refund because of a prepaid policy. We said not problem we will be there but we will be very late. We were reassured the room was held. When we arrived (4AM) we were informed there was no room but if we wiating for 2 hours we could have a room. or they would return my money. I would like to add this same problem happened to another guest in line. To me this is a direct violation of hotel policy and to this date has not been resolved to my satisfaction.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HerbieKzoo
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stayed in the Westin overnight on a recent business trip. It was a good choice.
The Pros:
1. The location cannot be beat - I flew into Detroit in the evening and walked right over - access is literally in the new Delta terminal. I had to meet colleagues in the terminal the next morning, and it could not have been more convenient.
2. The hotel is flat-out lovely. Soaring space, but with dark, intimate decor - I know it sounds counterintuitive, but it works. Nice lobby bar too.
3. I was put (without having to request it) on the Concierge floor, with keyed-elevator access. Very nice for a solo female traveler.
4. The room itself was wonderful - clean, modern, and serene . The bathroom was modern and offered high-quality amenities, and the bed was super-comfortable - I wanted to stay longer.
The Cons:
There's just one, really, and it's sort of amusing. I have cousins in Detroit, one of whom came by to have a drink with me at the hotel. I asked the front desk to send him up when he arrived. Now, while I'm sure that the hotel might have seen occasions where a a "business" traveler might have been there for a very specific type of business, and her "cousin" visiting might not actually have been a relative, but in my case, the situation was legitimate. Nevertheless, it was apparently difficult for the front desk employee to restrain his smirks and obvious assumptions. When my cousin arrived at my room about 15 minutes later, he said, "I'm pretty sure they don't think I'm your cousin." It would have been nice to have received the benefit of the doubt . . .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business