“consistently well done hotel”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Home
“consistently well done hotel”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

flying in and out of Detroit is always a pleasure as l look forward to the accommodations at the Westin in the airport. right off the gates and right back on via the TSA screening done at the site makes it easy to get in and out. the rooms are large and remarkably quiet given its location. heavenly bedding means a great night's sleep, and the dual shower heads make the shower an adventure. the lounge is comfortable, with good food. I don't know why so many hotels rush to remove the lounges, I look for them when I travel, and prefer to stay in facilities that have them. the exercise room is quite large and they will rent clothes for 5 bucks if you forget to bring yours. looks more like a health club then a room with a few weights and a couple of aerobic machines.
best may be their restaurant. had to eat two meals there, and loved both! soups, salads, all tasty and very healthy. good choices and I do enjoy the open atmosphere near water.
I have attended meetings here before and it works nicely for flying in and out, but they do have meeting rooms downstairs if needed. I just like the convenience of staying close to the airport, here I am in the airport, and nothing is sacrificed in comforts for the privilege

Room Tip: you can request airport views if planes excite you, they are just as quiet as the other ones. stayin...
Green Features: as with others, they offer re use of linens. the lounge offers re usable plates and cups as well as the disposables
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are always happy to provide you with a renewing and convenient experience and we hope to see you again in the future. Please let us know if you ever have a special request, as it would be our pleasure to assist.

Be Well,

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

After a flight cancelation, I spent the night at the Westin to catch an early morning flight out of DTW. The hotel is perfect for a McNamara Terminal departure (Delta), but it works very well for the North Terminal airlines too. Staff was great and the rooms are very nice. Beds are very comfortable and the amenities are great. Overall, this was a great night of sleep.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MauricioBabilonia
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your commentary and we are always happy to offer you a refreshing and certainly convenient Westin experience. Please let us know how we can assist you during your future travels.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here when I had a 23 hour layover in Detroit. This hotel was great, fast check in, great service, excellent room service staff. As to be expected the room was perfect. There were only two problems, both minor. The first was the hot tub, it was about a foot low on water and not very hot. The other issue was with the restaurant. I waited and waited for my food order to be taken and finally gave up, for whatever reason I was brought a drink and then never asked for my food order. When I finally got the server's attention I just asked for the bill. I went to the room and ordered room service. The room service was excellent, I was even comped a drink. The best part about this hotel is that there is a security checkpoint inside the hotel. There was no line, I have never been through airport security so fast!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, although I do apologize for your delay in our Dema Restaurant. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we'll be sure to address that situation right away. Please feel free to reach me directly if I can assist you in the future.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Westin. The room was comforting and quite. The beds were like sleeping on a cloud. As soon as our heads hit the pillow, we were out. We wish that we could have stayed longer. We will definitely stay at the Westin on all of our trips out of Detroit!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review and we're happy that you enjoyed your visit. Yes, our Heavenly Beds are amazing and we hope you return to experience them again soon.

Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the Westin. My wife and I purchased the Park and Fly deal--we stayed 1 night at the hotel and had 10 days of valet parking included, this was a great deal. The valet drop-off was a breeze, there were plenty of valet people around to pick up my car. Incidentally, if you are not flying out of the McNamara terminal there is a free shuttle bus to and from the North terminal. Our check-in took a little bit longer than I would have liked but we did have an extremely late check-in time, so it wasn't a huge deal. The lobby of this hotel is beautiful--it was inviting and state of the art.

Our room was excellent. The bedding and mattress were soft and clean. All furniture in the room looked brand new and spotless. The bathroom was clean, and had a brand new shower head and faucets. The room was well-stocked with soft towels too. The room also included a coffee maker, iron, safe, and a big closet.

Upon our return trip it was very easy to pick up our car, it didn't take longer than 15 minutes and the valet driver helped load our luggage too. Nothing was missing from my car or anything; it was returned exactly as I dropped it off.

Overall--I will definitely be staying at this hotel again. The Park and Fly deal is excellent, and everything about my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chad1640
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our Rest and Jet package, as well as your overall experience! That is truly what we hope for and we look forward to seeing you again.

Toronto
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Located in the Detroit Airport. Confusing layout to reach check in desk from Valet parking stand. The rooms are simple but immaculate. Very comfortable bedding. Quietest airport hotel I have ever been in. Small pool, with a tiny hot tub. Nice restaurant in lobby. Valet parking a deal when using a park and fly rate at the hotel.

Room Tip: Check that pool towels are available before getting wet. they were often in short supply.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for describing your experience as you entered our hotel. We'll be sure to readdress our signage to help enhance your arrival experience next time you're here. I'm glad you enjoyed your overall stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I stay here all the time and love this place (we live in Detroit suburb) and decided to try the Park/Sleep/Fly package for our Europe trip (great deal as its valet and you drop off car at delta Mcnamara terminal and you walk into hotel. . . Valet I think normally goes for 25-30 bucks a night and this deal is 10 days of valet parking!)

Pros: hotel tucked within the Delta Mcnamara terminal with its own TSA security gate (which is always empty so you breeze into the airport)
Park/Sleep/Fly deal which is amazing deal and really convenient (beats the 10 big blue parking which requires you to take a shuttle if you are flying delta etc)

Rooms are spacious and nicely furnished with Westin heavenly beds and typical nice Westin amenities

Friendly, attentive service (we are SPG platinum and they honored my requests .. .high floor and corner room) and we always get something to eat and drink at DEMA and Kim at night and Maureen during day were all great, attentive, friendly, and great people to talk to .. . .kudos to management for hiring people with amazing customer skills!

Love the gym, pool and whirlpool area (there are marble restrooms even in the pool area!)
The public spaces are great and exude tranquility (you forget you are at Airport terminal and the rooms are soundproof so you dont hear any plane noise etc)

Cons: DEMA can be a bit expensive . . .

Bottom line this is the best hotel in detroit airport area .. .. you cant beat its convenience and the service and rooms are top notch.. .no surprise we are repeat customers!

Room Tip: Get high floor and rooms with atrium view are great if you want the illusion that u are somewhere el...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RonanJordi
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property and associates. I specifically enjoyed your commentary about Maureen and Kim in our Dema Bar, as we're all hugh fans of theirs too!

We hope to see you again soon.