“Very Good”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Michigan, United States
“Very Good”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

When flying Delta out of Detroit this is the way to go! Hotel is in the airport at the Delta terminal. My package included 8 days of valet parking and a room for $205 on a Friday night. From the moment I drove up I felt relaxed and safe which added greatly to the beginning of my vacation.
The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The rooms are nicely furnished with a included bottle of water and coffee machine. Always like the Westin's heavenly beds. Have stayed at lower priced hotels in the airport area in the past, but for the little difference in price have decided to always stay at the Westin in the future!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful commentary. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if we can ever assist you in the future.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel located at delta check in at airport.opted for the valet parking/up to 10 days.The luggage was taken as soon as we pulled up to the entrance.and vehicle was parked by valet.our king room was well equipped and very comfortable. dinner at the dema restaurant on site was very good,excellent choices of food and full bar service.On our morning flight, had a lite breakfast at dema restaurant The delta check in is through the valet parking doors, no need to ever go outside in this cold weather . when we returned to the hotel after our trip we proceded to the westin hotel valet and our vehical was waiting for us. What a time saver and hassel free experience this was. we will be staying at this hotel in the future and certainly use the valet parking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our Rest and Jet package. Our goal is to provide a wonderful (and convenient) experience and I'm happy to hear that our mission was accomplished.

Hope to see you again soon.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here because of the incredible convenience factor and the fact that my company booked a conference room at the hotel. I had heard this hotel was nice, but I was really blown away. The decor is very zen and calming. The rooms are quite comfortable. The bed and amenities are the usual excellent for a Westin. Loved the rain shower. I do not even once recall hearing a plane, which is remarkable. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was personable, polite, and helpful. The food was excellent at the hotel restaurant and with room service. It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for here. Wonderful experience. Book without hesitation!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We couldn't be happier to hear of your experience and we hope you decide to visit us again. Please reach out if I can help you in any way at all.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I love the Westin hotels. They are really comfortable. Whats unique about this hotel is it's located in the airport. You can stay here wake up and walk right into security check!!!! So easy!!!! Wish all airports did this!!!!!!

The beds are super comfy and the room is clean!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It was our sincere pleasure to be here for you and we're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Highland, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2014

A friend recently recommended this hotel to me. I always thought a hotel located right in the airport would be ridiculously expensive so I'd never considered it before. I'm so glad we decided to give it a try before our latest vacation, which included an early morning flight out of Detroit Metro. We booked the hotel about a month or so before our vacation and we got the parking package which included (I think) up to 10 nights valet for under $200. It was sooo convenient when we returned home a week later and the valet just pulled the car up to the door for us after we waited only a few minutes. Great service in the hotel as well, and the rooms were nice and quiet. You'd never know huge planes were taking off constantly just outside your window. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Emily F
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was our sincere pleasure to have you and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Yes, our rooms are perfectly quiet and we hope you have a chance to enjoy them again soon.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were able to secure a good rate by booking two weeks in advance. Staff are very helpful and welcoming. The front desk agent saw that I was struggling with my luggage as my partner was waiting with the rest of our bags. She assigned me a room right near where my partner was standing. Nice touch.

We haven't had the energy to try any of the amenities, but they look great. They will provide you with gym clothes if you don't have any. That's the extra mile service that is to be expected of this hotel. The beds are well-known for their comfort. Wake-up calls are provided on time. Rooms aren't noisy even considering the location and layout of the hotel (it surrounds an atrium).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I think our Front Desk team is amazing too and I'm so glad they were able to assist you. Hope to see you again soon.

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

After two flight cancellations I had to find a room for the night so I was already miserable. Shocked to find out the rate of $359 which I felt was taking advantage of numerous flight cancellations. If that is truly the rack rate it is still overpriced. Room was marginal and well worn with a nice broken lamp on the bed table. Real classic. Total one night stay was over $400 with taxes and cannot think of the last time I wasted that much money on a room. Have used Westin extensively in the Chicago area and always happy with rates and service. This was highway robbery and just added to my already miserable day.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve D
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. We truly understand how difficult it can be to have a flight unexpected cancelled during a long trip. Our intent is to offer a great value for the cost incurred, but we unfortunately failed to do so in this case. Please feel free to reach me directly at paul.dinapoli@westin.com, as I'd be more than happy to help you in any way I can. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.