We absolutely love staying here! We live in suburb of Detroit and always stay here especially if we have early morning flight next day etc or like last night when we flew in on long flight and wanted to have a romantic "gateway!'
First of all the hotel is located in the McNamara/Delta terminal (tucked in corner of Delta terminal/You enter the hotel in corner side of Delta terminal). Then you take escalator down to lobby area. When you descend down escalator you are overwhelmed by the minimalist/hip, zen-like tranquility with dark lighting and ubiquitous bamboo/dark wood.
Check in was smooth with Jenna being super friendly and amazing (she honored my requests and acknowledged my platinum SPG status and didnt treat me any differently as we got great deal with hotwire. . .Kudos to Jenna for her wonderful customer service!).
The room is what you would come to expect from Westin with heavenly beds and minimalist feel we chose a terminal view which you wouldnt notice as rooms are quiet and curtains keep out all light.
We went down to Dema bar immediately after check in and sat at bar and our server Christie who we know from our prior trips here was amazing as always but the thing we noticed most from our last couple of visits was that the management had listened to our comments as the food was delicious (and markedly improved from last time) yes it is expensive but it had improved in quality whereas before it was expensive but not too great. We had the Caprese salad and seafood Fettuccine which was amazing.
--Great airport hotel in McNamara terminal with its own security/TSA entrance
--Service here is top notch .. . .we had a problem with the water pressure and called to front desk and they asked if I wanted to change rooms or shower in adjacent room and I stated the latter and they immediately brought the key . . .This is true of every aspect of this hotel from bar to reception to everywhere the service is phenomenal. This place also acknowledges your SPG status which is nice.
Pool, whirlpool and gym which are always empty . . .we love using whirlpool!
Heavenly beds and what you come to expect from Westin brand
Bamboo feel/resort feel in lobby
Internet was $9.95 a night but was free in lobby; free for SPG members of course
The food is expensive but the improvements in the food since our last couple of stays makes this a bad not ugly as shows managements commitment to service and listening to customers comments; we love this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, located in the new world-class McNamara Terminal, offers a private security entrance, latest technology and Detroit's most stylish & comfortable surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Jetsetter, Reservation Counter, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel Detroit
- Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Detroit Westin