“Excellent value-add!”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stop here pretty often during my weekly travels - either for breakfast or dinner. Service is always brisk and food is of great quality. If you spend $25 or more in food, valet parking is free with restaurant validation. Meals are pricey, but worth it.

Overall, a very convenient, charming airport hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Shawnee40_13
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

I'm glad you enjoy our Dema Restaurant and we do our very best to offer urgent, but amazing service. Look forward to seeing you next time.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Reviewed September 27, 2013

It's GREAT to have a hotel on property at the airport, it's even BETTER when it's ATTACHED to the terminal. Overall, I'm a fan of this property. There are more pluses than minuses.

The room was in good order, clean and well stocked with Westin supplies. I was sad that I got upstairs before I realized as an SPG Gold member that I was put into a room facing the interior courtyard. I kind of looked forward to seeing the airfield. I was too tired to trek down and ask for a different room at this point for a one night stay. Note: the courtyard gets daylight, but nothing that will impact your room's ambient light. So....11p looks much like 7a as far as light from the window goes.

My biggest peeve is one that is short lived - the construction. It would have been a nice touch in my welcome email to know about it. I wouldn't have gone anywhere else, but I would have planned my business meetings much better. As it was, I was hop-scotching around since I couldn't expense a meeting room for a 1:1 meeting. The staff was kind, but it appeared their management had restrained their ability to be accommodating in the wake of such unbelievable noise. I hope the Westin gets money back from their contractor - the shoddy barriers should have had noise abatement in them for the scope of the work being done and the quality guests come to expect from a Westin property.

I'll definitely make this my go-to property for DTW overnights - I'll just ask about construction in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your feedback and I'm so sorry that our renovation was a disturbance. Your comments were extremely helpful and we thank you for taking the time to share. I'm happy to say that the main scope of the project is now complete and the entrance to our Delta terminal looks amazing. Please let us know when you decide to return, as we'd be hapy to provide an upgrade upon your return.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I love staying at Westin hotels (500+ nights in the last 5 years) and this one did not disappoint. After arriving late at DTW, it was so convenient to walk from the terminal and directly enter the airport via a discreet hotel entrance right across Gate A36,

Stepping through this entrance, you will pass a TSA person who'll just wave you through. Note this hotel entrance also serves as a TSA pre-check point back to the airport. However, it is currently closed ans scheduled to re-open on October 13,2013.

Once inside the hotel, it suddenly becomes a sort of oasis. The craziness of the terminal is left behind and this calm starts to envelop you. Great for a cross-country traveler like me. The rooms are very typical of Westins, solid 24-hour room service and that wonderful heavenly bed. This time, I was able to smell a bit of this beautiful scent of fresh washed linens.

Unfortunately, for this particular stay, I did have to take away one star due to several rennovations being done at the lobby level. I was informed - via a letter displayed - at check-in. However, there is nothing more jarring than awakening to the high, sharp shrill of concrete being cut. It looks like this will be done in the next week or so, but man oh man, that was rough.

One thing I did want to mention was that I forgot my toiletry bag and the nice lady that checked me in handed me a handful of things I could use: toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, etc. I truly appreciated that and was very thankful.

All in all, I enjoyed this hotel and see myself staying here again...and soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful (and helpful) feedback. As an experienced traveler, we know you expect and appreciate many aspects of your Westin experience. We we happy to not dissappoint! Our associates are wonderful and we're awfully proud of them.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was attracted to this hotel for the Westin reputation, its proximity to the airport terminal, and the "Depart Detroit" valet parking offer. In fact, the hotel was modern and clean. Following a 7 day trip away from Detroit, I picked up my car from the valet only to discover that money in the form of change had been stolen from my vehicle. The change (about $10) had been hidden in a back seat compartment, well out of view. The only way it could have been found was for an individual to have rifled through the vehicle with the sole intent of theft. After the fact, I contacted the hotel manager, who assured me that the valet manger would call me. Nearly 2 weeks later, I have heard nothing further from hotel management. Thus, be forewarned - your car may not be safe in the hands of this hotel's valet service!

1  Thank LAST01
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I thank you for reaching out to us. After extensive on site research, our records note that we were extremely concerned and did in fact locate the items that were noted - actually finding them in your vehicle.

At this time I would be happy to discuss the situation with you futher and help you in any way possible. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at paul.dinapoli@westin.com.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Usually we stay at one of the local hotels near the airport in Romulus, this time we decided to stay right at the airport. While the hotel is beautiful, well kept and very clean, if you are not flying delta you may wish to save some money and stay off site.
The included valet parking was very nice and much easier than park and fly that we usually use..
Check in very easy and quick. Our room was a usual hotel took 2 double beds, desk, HD tv etc.
Plenty of room for my wife, myself and our teenager.
Ther is no free wifi in the rooms, but there is in the lobby, I thought this was a bit usual for a high end hotel with an expensive price tag.
We were flying out at 850, from the North Terminal (all airlines, except Delta, Air France & 1 other international line). The shuttle runs every 15 minutes and was right on time, no wait! It's about 8-10 min ride, so we Left at 7am and arrived in plenty of time...
All things considered things went well and smooth.
If you are looking at saving money and are flying with airlines such as Spirit, etc. the you may wish to opting to stay off site. With shuttle service, included parking and clean hotels located almost as close as this site, I would have to question if I would stay here again, unless I was flying Delta. Don't get me wrong beautiful hotel, but just for a place to stay while travelling, it's a bit more than most would want to spend.
If you a loyal Westin user, the this location is what you would expect! Nice, very modern, but pricey than some other locations.

Room Tip: If you are tryin to entertain kids who have never flown you may wish to request and outside room, th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv2travel6768
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You're review was extremely detailed and we thank you for taking the time to describe the wonderful service that you received.

Hope to see you during future travels.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

As you see from other reviewers, the hotel is convenient, with wonderful rooms and facilities.
What made my recent stay exceptional was that I got a rate not much different than other hotels near the airport ($120 incl tax).
Note to travellers: the special security entrance is closed for renovation until mid October.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Panaray

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your weekend stay - at a reduced rate as well! Yes, please keep an eye out as sometimes our rates do vary based on occupancy.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was recently a guest for just overnight at this hotel. I wish I could have stayed longer. It was clearly the nicest airport hotel that I had ever visited. It was so convenient to the terminal. The staff was absolutely incredible. The bellman were so efficient and friendly as well. The room was so nice. The bed was so comfortable. I look forward to my next visit. Hopefully, it will b e longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

From your initial arrival to your final departure, our level of service is consistent and top notch. We're so pleased that you were our guest and we hope to see you again.