“Very nice in downtown Detroit”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
“Very nice in downtown Detroit”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed on a night when we saw tigers at home game. We didn't really want to spend this much but the other couple we were with already had a room. The rooms were very nice and clean as well as spacious. Contrary to another review, the staff were courteous and very friendly. The location is convenient to both tigers and lions stadiums as well as Fox and downtown bars. Would stay again but book in advance to get a cheaper room. We had to book an expensive room because of short notice and there was a Kenny Chesney concert. Too many cowboy boots and hats in downtown Detroit.

• Stayed August 2013
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We're happy to have you as our guest for all of Detroit's events. Hope to see you soon.

Go Tigers!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Beautiful hotel, excellent restaurant and very friendly staff. Our rate included valet parking (and secure parking throughout our international trip). We drove up to the door, they took our vehicle to a secure location, and had it waiting our arrival with a simple call upon landing while waiting for our luggage. The rooms are clean and quiet with the best bed ever! I often struggle sleeping in a standard "over night" hotel room, tossing and turning next to my sound asleep husband, especially knowing I am going to fly in the morning. I couldn't believe it, I fell right to sleep and slept hard. I actually had a hard time waking up the next morning, just like at home. I normally try to fly closer to home, but I had the best, most rested start to my vacation ever....I will now book all my flights through Detroit (cheaper anyway) and stay at Westin Detroit Metro Airport.

Green Features: If tracking enrgy includes clsing business cntr on the hrs you choose in an airport hotel, bad plan. Different people, different careers and different hrs around the world require people to work at all different times of the day and different days of the week. Take that into consideration.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the ringing endorsement and I'm thrilled that we helped you have a great start to your vacation.

See you next time!

California
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It doesn't get any more convenient than this, especially if you are flying Delta. I wish I had known about how the Delta security gate worked as I probably would have booked specifically on Delta just to get the convenience of being able to go through TSA directly from the hotel. You can't fly any other airline to use this gate.

Even if you aren't flying Delta you can access the terminal with all of its restaurants and shops if you don't mind going through the TSA procedure. Since you are basically in the middle of nowhere, it's nice to grab a bite to eat in the terminal.

The hotel itself is what you would expect at Westin--very comfortable, great staff, beautiful lobby. My only negative would be that the room service food wasn't that great.

Room Tip: If you can get a view of the airport/planes it's a lot of fun to see them in action.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We pride ourselves on our guest service and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean. Comfortable. Private entrance to airport. Good rates .... No brainer ... Made travel very easy ... Good entry or exit point for trip .... Nice pool with private entrance on second floor. Concierge was very helpful with ideas for outside food ... You should order from Beirut restaurant ... Very good food and not expensive ... All delivery services can pull up at airport drop off entrance

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guests,

I'm so happy that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Our Service Express team will always be happy to offer suggestions that you might enjoy.

Hope to see you soon,

Oakville Ontario
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were flying out of Detroit airport on an early morning flight and decided to stay at The Westin as it is attached to the Delta terminal. This was one of the best decisions of our trip. Right from the time we arrived and gave our car to the valet parking attendant, to the bell staff, front desk staff and restaurant staff it was a wonderful experience. The management must be very proud of their staff and the wonderful job they are doing. The room was great and overlooked the airport but you could not hear any noise from the planes. The bed was so comfortable and room really clean. On our return from our trip, which was a red eye, we called the valet parking when we received our bags and by the time we reached the hotel our car was waiting for us. The room costs are reasonable and it included 10 days parking, a great deal. I would recommend this hotel to everyone flying out of Detroit. Congratulations to the staff and management of The Westin Detroit Airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the airport, at night it is amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the compliments! We can't wait to see you again and I'm extremely pleased that we exceeded your expectations.

houston, texas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Located right in the Detroit airport it was perfect not only for its location but meets all the Westin standards. Great for a late arrival or an early start the next morning. Rooms are very nicely done, comfortable, bedding is posh. The hotel lobby has its own security checkpoint into the airport which can eliminate delays in the main terminal. The hotel offers a pass for security so that guests may enter the terminal to use the restaurants and bars in the terminal if one chooses not to use the hotel facilities. The room has Starbucks coffee for your morning starter. No complaints, excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Yes, we certainly do pride ourselves on our service and we're extremely convenient too! Hope to see you again soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I loved this hotel!!!!! We were in Detroit for the AAU Junior Olympics and stayed here. The hotel is located in the airport, but you would have never known it, because it was so quiet. The Front Desk agent were extremely helpful. They always made sure I had what I needed. I was traveling with my boyfriend, four kids and our dog Miki. Our room was very spacious. The room attendant went out of their way to bring Miki her own bed and feeding pans. I went to the bar every night and had the Molten Lava Cake!!!!!!!!!!! It was so delicious! Did I say I had it every night. I had the same servers Kimberly and I think her name was Cassandra. They were extremely nice. One night my boyfriend was sick and Kimberly had the Bartender to make him a hot toddie. It really made him feel better. We stayed there for a total of 5 nights! Everything was wonderful! Keep doing what you are doing Westin!!!!

Room Tip: If you have a pet ask to be on the 3rd floor. It is closer to the door to take your pet out!
Green Features: Very enivironmentally friend, they gave us 5.00 everyday that we didn't want the housekeepers to clean the room. It went towards the cake!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time and please give our best to Miki!