“Nice experience”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I checked in for one night prior to an early morning flight. I was presently surprised to see that things were well maintained. I had heard from friends that the hotel was worn down. Also, from the front desk to the restaurant, people were so helpful and friendly! I would choose this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Our associates are the best around and I'm so pleased to here your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Romulus
Reviewed June 14, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stay here often and the folks who work here are always pleasant and nice. From the bartender who never forgets a name to the front desk staff. Even a 6am when room service comes she is always so pleasant and accommodating. That must be hard considering the hour they have to wake up. Beds are great and new rain water shower heads are a great improvement. Did I mention convenient!!!

Feels like home

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so proud of our team and I'm glad you've enjoyed them. Thanks for the wonderful feedback.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This property was lovely in every way. It was clean, the staff was friendly, their restaurant served delicious food, the valet gave in and out priviledges and it was extremely convenient if you are flying in or out of the Detroit airport. I was worried that it would be very noisy because it is right at the airport but we didn't hear any of the plane noise. The only drawback is that some of the rooms look out over the lobby and therefore don't have any natural light coming in. The lobby is beautiful though!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the lobby and don't have natural sunlight.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Sounds like it couldn't have gone better and we hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

After an absolute nightmare with Delta Airlines I had an unexpected overnight in Detroit.
I cannot say enough good things about this property and staff. The woman who checked me in, Rachel Barron was as kind and helpful.

I did not have my luggage because @DeltaAirlines staff will not lift a finger to help passengers due to mechanical problems on an aircraft. Ms. Barron from the Westin provided me with a toothbrush, woolite so I could wash out my underwear, deodorant, etc.

The room was impeccable. It was well appointed, clean, cool and comfortable. There is a reason why I am a SPG gold member, and it was right here tonight at the Westin! Excellent service and a perfect room!

Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Rachel is one of our superstars and I'm Extremely proud of her! So glad we could be here for you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Got a great deal at the Westin (Club level) and took full advantage of all it provided for our trip. The room size was just average but the luxurious linens and rain showerhead made up for it. We visited the heated, saltwater pool and hot tub for a full uninterrupted hour and enjoyed the complimentary appetizers on the club level along with a variety of breakfast options the next morning. I had anticipated some noise from the activity outside but was happy that our room was very quiet. Since the walkout from the hotel goes straight to the Delta check in counter we saved time and stress of getting to the airport any earlier than we needed to. Not sure what the plastic bamboo in the common area was all about but the water feature was relaxing. We would no doubt stay there again.

Room Tip: Spring for the club level - it is worth seeing the planes coming and going from that high up.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Anytime a review starts with the word "Great", I know we've accomplished our mission of outstanding service. Can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Top notch Westin. Rooms and common spaces very nice, modern, and clean. Check-in staff very professional and helpful. I went to the hotel bar and it was great. This is now my hotel of choice in Detroit.

Room Tip: Runway view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled that you have selected us as your hotel of choice in Detroit. That's quite an honor and we hope to see you again soon.