“Clean and convenient”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed two nights due to weather delay. Had a Club Room on the 8th floor. There were about 5 elevators going up and we never had to wait more than 10 seconds. The room was along the outside of the atrium type hotel. Room was nice, bed was soft but comfortable and the HVAC and hot water was fine!
The Club room was nice but not open all day, only for a short time in the morning and for a couple of hours in the PM. The food served was fresh and not typical! Shrimp!!! Big shrimp! Great cookies too!
Had dinner on the property one evening and the prices are quite steep. Ok if you are on expense but $18 for a burger and $15 for a pizza are outta sight. We are not in NYC.
Check in and check out were quote painless and quick. Want to make a comment about the DTW security line that you can use as a customer of the hotel......Be aware it does not open until 7:30AM

Also we decided to go out to the terminal for lunch and you can get a pass to go into the terminal if you are staying at the hotel. A Detroit policeman had to come in from the terminal after getting a call from the front desk. He was filling in a form on us and we had to sign. Then we had to go through security as we normally would except we were body searched. Was this all worth it? I do not think so. You can pay $$$ for a hamburger in the hotel or get searched to get a burger at National Coney Island.

I would stay at the hotel again and am giving it four stars!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and we're glad you enjoyed our amenities.

We hope to see you again,

Reviewed March 8, 2013

OMG, the impossible just happened. After a long day spent in the hotel's fairly comfortable meeting rooms, I went to my well designed, comfortable guest room and had the inevitable hotel IT problems with poor wireless strength occur, only to have an actual live, breathing network engineer show up at my door in 5 minutes after my call to the front desk. Armed with a portable router, the engineer created a little wi-fi hotspot for me so that my MacBook Air could get connected with the fastest, strongest network I've EVER had in a hotel. Fixed in one minute. Done. Allowing me to get back online and do my work with no problems. Ahhhhhhh, thank you, kind man and the Westin Hotel that hired you! Why can't all hotels be like this one during my many business travels? Oh, and did I mention the room is clean, has a great bed, and the meeting rooms and food are decent, too? You might think, as I did, that an airport Westin would be merely convenient and serviceable, but not this responsive and outstanding, right? I was pleasantly surprised and think you might be as well, when you see that it is all that AND a bag of chips, AND more!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

So happy to help! We'll always do whatever it takes to make your stay enjoyable. All that and a bag of chips....love it.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A business partner and I were on a flight diverted to Detroit this past Tuesday. 175 passengers dumped into the Detroit airport at 11:45pm on a Tuesday night. Airport closed, only 3 service agents available. My company's Travel Services department was able to get us into the Westin right in the airport. Fast check in, beautiful lobby... A real oasis after a horrible travel day. Bar stayed open past midnight to take care of a handful of stranded, hungry travelers, and rooms were typically top notch. A really nice hotel that is obviously extremely convenient. Great experience.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We're happy to help during your time of need and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to our flight and this is by far the nicest cleanest hotel my wife and I have had the pleasure of staying at. We got a park and fly rate and the valet was right there to take our car and on our return was quick to get the car. We has awesome customer service from everyone we meet from the valet to checkin... (even the TSA lol). Would stay here again as the location is perfect to get into the Delta terminal.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Guest service is our specialty and we're happy that your experience was enjoyable. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We got stuck and were given the standard $36 room credit but elected to treat ourselves and what a treat it was. Great bar, friendly staff, good food and a very nicely appointed contemporary room. Had a very nice meal and a nice selection of wines to choose from.

Check out was flawless in that the hotel has its own security check lane in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank archytek

Dear Valued Guest,

We're thrilled that you and your colleagues decided to be our guests. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel was my oasis in the middle of airport desert. Due to a weather delay, I missed my connecting flight and was left without a place to stay at 1:00am. In a distance I saw that pretty Westin sign and I was hoping it wasn't a remote office but an actual hotel. It's a hotel in the middle of the DTW airport and I was in awe at the lobby design. I was able to grab a room for a few hours and spend them in the most comfortable bed ever. I want to buy that bed for my house.

The front desk was friendly and helpful. Check-in and Check-out was a breeze. I received my final bill via email by the time I arrived home.

Well done, Westin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TiffanyLovesTravel

Dear Valued Guest,

We're thrilled you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and yes, you could purchase your very own at Westin.com.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I chanced to stay at this hotel on my return from across the border in Windsor, Canada. The lobby is very serene and inviting, which is miles away from the humdrum that is the airport next door.Apart from it, the check in was professional, smooth and very courteous. I checked in late at night and my next connecting flight was at 1PM the next afternoon. I requested for a room overlooking the tarmac, so I could keep looking at planes all night :)

Apart from the usual comforts that are associated with Westin like the sweet sleeper bed, high end toiletries etc, the room had a very functional desk and quiet shut doors.The breakfast buffet at the SPG lounge was decent, the waiting staff courteous and overall the stay was enjoyable. It also needs to be mentioned that the sound proofing is extra ordinary, no people, planes or guests that bother. I also stopped for lunch at the lounge on the ground floor, excellent service with healthy food choices and a great ambiance. The water body and the bamboo 'forest' add to the charm of this place (see pics).The hotel is strategically located in Terminal A with exclusive access to the terminal and security check which is a big plus and saves big on time. Definitely worth a overnight stay or more !

Room Tip: Choose rooms that overlook the tarmac and are on the highest floor