“Beautiful hotel and awesome customer service”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to our flight and this is by far the nicest cleanest hotel my wife and I have had the pleasure of staying at. We got a park and fly rate and the valet was right there to take our car and on our return was quick to get the car. We has awesome customer service from everyone we meet from the valet to checkin... (even the TSA lol). Would stay here again as the location is perfect to get into the Delta terminal.

• Stayed: January 2013
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Guest service is our specialty and we're happy that your experience was enjoyable. We hope to see you soon.

Paul DiNapoli

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We got stuck and were given the standard $36 room credit but elected to treat ourselves and what a treat it was. Great bar, friendly staff, good food and a very nicely appointed contemporary room. Had a very nice meal and a nice selection of wines to choose from.

Check out was flawless in that the hotel has its own security check lane in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank archytek
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We're thrilled that you and your colleagues decided to be our guests. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel was my oasis in the middle of airport desert. Due to a weather delay, I missed my connecting flight and was left without a place to stay at 1:00am. In a distance I saw that pretty Westin sign and I was hoping it wasn't a remote office but an actual hotel. It's a hotel in the middle of the DTW airport and I was in awe at the lobby design. I was able to grab a room for a few hours and spend them in the most comfortable bed ever. I want to buy that bed for my house.

The front desk was friendly and helpful. Check-in and Check-out was a breeze. I received my final bill via email by the time I arrived home.

Well done, Westin.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TiffanyLovesTravel

Dear Valued Guest,

We're thrilled you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed and yes, you could purchase your very own at Westin.com.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I chanced to stay at this hotel on my return from across the border in Windsor, Canada. The lobby is very serene and inviting, which is miles away from the humdrum that is the airport next door.Apart from it, the check in was professional, smooth and very courteous. I checked in late at night and my next connecting flight was at 1PM the next afternoon. I requested for a room overlooking the tarmac, so I could keep looking at planes all night :)

Apart from the usual comforts that are associated with Westin like the sweet sleeper bed, high end toiletries etc, the room had a very functional desk and quiet shut doors.The breakfast buffet at the SPG lounge was decent, the waiting staff courteous and overall the stay was enjoyable. It also needs to be mentioned that the sound proofing is extra ordinary, no people, planes or guests that bother. I also stopped for lunch at the lounge on the ground floor, excellent service with healthy food choices and a great ambiance. The water body and the bamboo 'forest' add to the charm of this place (see pics).The hotel is strategically located in Terminal A with exclusive access to the terminal and security check which is a big plus and saves big on time. Definitely worth a overnight stay or more !

Room Tip: Choose rooms that overlook the tarmac and are on the highest floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank slkone

Dear Valued Guest,

Sounds like you made a great choice after passing through Canada and we hope to see you during future travels.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Flight was delayed and I had to stay in Detroit over night without my luggage. Very easy to get in and out. They have their own checkpoint back into the airport, NICE! (No waiting) The room was clean and staff was helpful. I did have breakfast in the hotel, pretty expensive!! I was there for work so it was okay for me, but if you are traveling for pleasure you might just want to head into the airport and find a cheaper breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Meggie4777

Dear Valued Guest and Fellow New Englander,

So happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Staying overnight in Detroit between connecting flights offered a silver lining at the Westin. The walkway from the baggage area to the hotel atrium transported me to a different world. The subdued lighting and polite service released the tension. Room service proved to be prompt both in the night and morning. I enjoyed menu.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Burdett P

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm glad you enjoyed your In Room Dining experience, as well as the convenience of our location.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent guest here. On this visit, I happened into the lobby just as a queue of about 40 or so guests lined up to check in. No attention was being given to the Platinum desk. I joined the queue and called the front desk from my mobile. It took a while and an escalation to management, but I was pulled from the line and checked in directly. However, the front desk rep with whom I had initially spoken did not wish to honor my status, indicated that nothing was going to be done to move me to the head of the queue, and was annoyed that I asked for a supervisor. Training is essential!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mark E

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback and I'm sorry for your earlier delay. We'll be certain to use your comments as a training tool and we hope to see you again soon.