“Great rooms great, location for overnighting in airport”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were flying internationally and had to overnight in Detroit on our way out of the country. This hotel is perfect for that since you literally walk into from the concourse and it has it's own security to get back in the following morning. Obviously if you are vacationing in Detroit (do people do that?) this is not the hotel for you. But if you are just over nighting before your next transfer, it is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our service, location and convenience. Hope to see you soon.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed overnight in this hotel because of an early flight the next morning. The hotel is nice, about what I would expect from a Westin, nice sized, clean rooms, comfortable bed, heavenly shower, typical benefits of the Westin brand. The rooms were also fairly quiet to be at an airport. We paid an additional $20 to have access to the Club level and that was Not worth it at this Westin, we went to the club for breakfast and was disappointed that all they had were a few slices of fruit, cereal and toast... a little skimpy in comparison to other Westin clubs so if Im ever in the area again I will skip the upgrade. Also I found their customer service to be lacking a little, especially in the restaurant, they seemed short staffed and I wasnt impressed by the meal. What sets the Hotel apart is the Extreme Convenience with relation to the airport, the hotel is not just next to or connected to the airport its IN the airport and their private security screening was Fabulous! This alone would make me want to stay here again if ever in the area. Overall a nice hotel stay.

Room Tip: The higher the level the better
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Freetoy

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We've recently designed a new menu in our DEMA restaurant that I'm sure you'll enjoy and we've also enhanced our offerings in our SPG reception area.

Your comments always mean a lot and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed overnight coming home from Shanghai because there were not more flights out to Denver until the morning. I was exhausted and the hotel did the job. Easy to find from the baggage area, very friendly staff, comfortable and dark room. I could hear the clangs and music ever so slightly from the restaurant area but nothing that kept me awake at night or bothered me. I ordered a wake-up call which came right on time. Showers were these cool double-headed deals. Overall, I was there for 12 hours and was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for visiting after such a long trip from China. Glad we could be here for you and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

After staying here the night before leaving for a vacation, I don't want to stay anywhere else. The beds were so comfortable, I had a hard time getting out to catch my flight. The restaurant has fabulous food as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback about your overnight stay and your Dema restaurant experience. We have an amazing team and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is no doubt about it, this is the best hotel to stay for an early morning flight. They do have their own 'TSA' security checkpoint, but it doesn't open until 7:45AM. The main security checkpoint is not that far of a walk if you have an earlier flight, though. The rooms are so quiet you'd never know that planes are landing or taking off at all. They have tons of insulation - which is great for sound deadening, terrible for phone reception - so I had a hard time connecting to two cell phone networks. For the price, free WiFi should be included, that is the only reason I am knocking off one rating point. There is no way for the price you pay you should also be charged for that, especially when Days Inn has free Internet...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was very pleased at my stay at the Westin for a recent business trip. The hotel was surprising quiet even though it is located in the terminal. The decor was clean and modern and the bed was very comfortable. We had a meeting in one of the conference rooms and the service and food was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your conference with us.

Thanks so much,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is our second stay at the Westin using the Penny Saver (Sleep/Park/Fly) program. Very easy to turn in the car to the valet, proceeding to the hotel check in and up to the room. Beds are good and bathroom is adequate (a bit on the small side). We ate dinner at the DEMA restaurant, which while not inexpensive, has decent food. Waking up early morning and walking to the airline check-in is so convenient. The airport security exit/entrance was closed on 10/19, but we usually eat at the hotel anyway. On the return trip we called the valet desk after we got our luggage and when we arrived upstairs, our car was just driven up. Great timing and nice service. Will definitely stay at the Westin again as long as the price for the Penny Saver package continues to be reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beachlover888

Dear Valued Guest,

Our Park and Stay package is one of the best - we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,