“Amazing!!”

The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

After staying here the night before leaving for a vacation, I don't want to stay anywhere else. The beds were so comfortable, I had a hard time getting out to catch my flight. The restaurant has fabulous food as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great feedback about your overnight stay and your Dema restaurant experience. We have an amazing team and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is no doubt about it, this is the best hotel to stay for an early morning flight. They do have their own 'TSA' security checkpoint, but it doesn't open until 7:45AM. The main security checkpoint is not that far of a walk if you have an earlier flight, though. The rooms are so quiet you'd never know that planes are landing or taking off at all. They have tons of insulation - which is great for sound deadening, terrible for phone reception - so I had a hard time connecting to two cell phone networks. For the price, free WiFi should be included, that is the only reason I am knocking off one rating point. There is no way for the price you pay you should also be charged for that, especially when Days Inn has free Internet...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul D, Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was very pleased at my stay at the Westin for a recent business trip. The hotel was surprising quiet even though it is located in the terminal. The decor was clean and modern and the bed was very comfortable. We had a meeting in one of the conference rooms and the service and food was excellent.

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your conference with us.

Thanks so much,

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is our second stay at the Westin using the Penny Saver (Sleep/Park/Fly) program. Very easy to turn in the car to the valet, proceeding to the hotel check in and up to the room. Beds are good and bathroom is adequate (a bit on the small side). We ate dinner at the DEMA restaurant, which while not inexpensive, has decent food. Waking up early morning and walking to the airline check-in is so convenient. The airport security exit/entrance was closed on 10/19, but we usually eat at the hotel anyway. On the return trip we called the valet desk after we got our luggage and when we arrived upstairs, our car was just driven up. Great timing and nice service. Will definitely stay at the Westin again as long as the price for the Penny Saver package continues to be reasonable.

1  Thank Beachlover888

Dear Valued Guest,

Our Park and Stay package is one of the best - we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This would be a great hotel anywhere. Nice clean rooms. Great beds and amenities. Plus it has the added convenience of being right on the terminal.

I came in from a flight from Asia and needed to overnight in Detroit before my flight home the next day. What a luxury to walk from my gate to the hotel, get a good night sleep and be right there at the airport for the early morning flight home.

Room Tip: My room looked out onto the runways but I did not hear any noise.

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm so glad that we exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

A great clean and modern hotel with all the amenities you could want or need, Staff is very friendly and helpful. Very reasonably priced. What a convenience being right there in the terminal! Easy, private access through airport security to enter terminal...no long lines!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet...you would never know you are at an airport

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for mentioning our amazing team, as they take service to a very high level. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I got off my Delta flight in DTW and almost walked right by the Westin, since the entrance was directly accessible from the concourse. I've seen many hotels at the airport, but nothing as well-integrated into an airport as this one. No wonder I saw so many airline staff staying there. Extremely convenient!

The hotel itself is quite upscale--very clean and really an attractive property. As others have remarked, it is exceptionally well sound-proofed, and I too couldn't hear any jet engine noises from my room.

Others have remarked the hotel charges a lot of extras. I think this is par for the course nowadays, but I thought the $23 for the half-bottle of wine placed in the room (which of course, I didn't buy) was a bit excessive.

My only other critique of this fine hotel is I'd prefer a breakfast buffet rather than their ala carte offering. When they get busy and you have a flight to catch, waiting for service can be frustrating. Overall, a great hotel, especially if you are traveling for business, and you don't have to pay out-of-pocket.

Dear Valued Guest,

We're so glad you enjoyed your visit. We'll certainly take your breakfast reccommendations under advisement, as we're always open to feedback and ideas.