On our recent trip to Michigan we booked a one night stay at the Detroit Westin Hotel as it was attached to the airport and we didn’t want to travel too far in a strange town after a long overseas flight. The website states the hotel is located at the airport terminal which it is but this can be confusing as Detroit has two terminals and we arrived at the other terminal. A few questions to the airport staff and we were on our way to the courtesy shuttle which dropped us off at the door of the hotel. The distance between terminals means you cannot walk to the hotel and must use the courtesy shuttle however the shuttle runs often and is only a 5 minute ride.
Check in was easy. We’d booked online for a very good rate and the check in staff were courteous and friendly.
The hotel is new and modern and gives a relaxing feel. It is also extremely quiet considering it is at one of the airport terminals. The room was large and spacious and included two queen size beds which were very comfortable. After the long flight the beds were just heavenly to sink into. In fact if you really like the beds, linen or decor in the hotel you can actually purchase them! The room facilities were great and the bathroom clean and modern with a double shower head. This hotel rivals many 5 star hotels for room quality and at a fraction of the price!
As it was late at night we were unable to get a drink in the bar. It closed early due to the hotel being quiet but we were able to order room service which was delivered quickly and tasted delicious. It came complete with all your condiments and the mandatory pickle.
Free wireless was available in the lobby, but in the rooms for a price, which I found unusual. However this practice was common in the US. We used the free lobby access which worked well.
The hotel check out is at midday which is very convenient and allows a sleep in if you need it. We certainly made use of this. Before departing we decided to have lunch in the hotel restaurant. The service was great, staff friendly, food tasty and reasonably priced, in fact it was so nice we revisited there for another meal during our 5 hour layover on the way home. The food is much tastier and seating more comfortable than any fast food place on offer at the airport. We recommend you try this.
Although we didn’t use all the facilities the hotel also has a gym, pool and business centre. Pretty much everything you need for a stay/stop-over.
All in all the hotel was modern, comfortable and a great price. Very convenient for the business traveller and also for late flight arrivals after a long haul flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, located in the new world-class McNamara Terminal, offers a private security entrance, latest technology and Detroit's most stylish & comfortable surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport Hotel Detroit
- Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Detroit Westin