Tripadvisor
Detroit
All reviews fisher building motown museum historic hotel amtrak cadillac concert
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2019

We visited this lovely old historic hotel as part of a Motown celebration,whilst are suite on the third floor had not been refurbished it had character, during our eight day stay the room was cleaned and serviced daily and we didn’t experience any of the issues mentioned by some of our fellow guests. During our stay we also got married at the Motown Museum the hotel staff were amazing as was our reception held in the hotel the food was excellent Oz asked me to leave it to him and his team and they certainly didn’t disappoint we could not have asked for better, the whole experience was superb and we would not hesitate to return thank you St Regis memories we won’t forget

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2019

First and foremost, CONGRATULATIONS on your nuptials. We wish you many happy years of love and great memories. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this very important one. We appreciate your time, rating and comments. All will be share with the staff.

Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

I booked this hotel on Priceline.com for a special they had. After I purchased it, I read the reviews and was skeptical about my purchase. But when I did get to Saint Regis hotel Detroit, my experience went well.It started with the front desk personnel I believe his name was Sal, he greeted me every time I walked in and left the hotel and he actually chatted with me. There were some negative reviews but didn’t experience any of it. Room was clean,warm, and roomy. The motif is a little out dated. Yes,it was under construction with very little noise factor. The only noise I experience was noise from outside traffic.i would book this again due to the fact it was in the downtown area and short driving distance to casinos and Ford Field. I Uber everything while I was there.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2019

Thank you. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 18, 2019

Listed as a 3.5 star on priceline, this thing isn't even deserving of a one star! SO DIRTY, non working elevators! I understand construction and noise/things not working! There is no excuse for lack of cleanliness, even the beds had questionable bugs/debris! We were originally checked into a dirty room without and seemed to inconvenience them when we asked for a new! Terribly noisy, broken everything! When we complained that our stay was horrible at the end they said "ok!" Wouldn't go back even the full renovation! This building is historically beautiful on the outside and that is the only thing even nice about it! No "deal" is worth this place!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Heather V
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2019

Would you please be so kind to contact the General Manager's office at your earliest opportunity to discuss your stay with us? We look forward to the opportunity. Thank you in advance.

Reviewed November 16, 2019

Year on year the lovely stately lady that was the St Regis Hotel has got worse. One would think that the management would make sure there were adequate staff for the cleaning of rooms, bar staff and restaurant staff. They failed with the staffing the first year and instead of learning they carried no extra staff?? Then this year they let our whole group down, promises of complete upgrade to be finished by the time we came in October. Just a total disaster and they were not even honest with the UK promoter telling him all would be ready right up to the week before we were all due to arrive. He and his wife were horrified. To say that there were electric points just hanging from walls, no curtains or blinds, bathroom fixtures and fittings were not complete. We arrived a week before the main party and we were woken at 5am/6am with sounds of drilling. Complaints were rife. The UK promoter was so very professional but the hotel could not give a fig what the customers were going through. Also the saddest part of it all is they have changed the hotel and taken its heart and soul away as they refurbish the rooms. Awful. The best member of staff who was trying to help everyone in the bar and restaurant is Alphonse!

Room tip: Have an old room on the 5th floor. You get hot water early morning and then again early evening if you are lucky.
1  Thank janehB42VT
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank You for sharing your feedback in regards to the challenges you experienced during your stay with us. During our remastering project we strive to ensure we take the opportunities shared by our valued guests to create a better experience. We are saddened to hear your stay fell short of enjoyable. I would like the opportunity to look further into your stay and assist in your guest satisfaction. I can be reached via email OSheikh@hotelstregisdetroit.com. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Warm Regards,
Oz Sheikh

Reviewed November 14, 2019

Recently stayed here for 6 days as part of a Motown 60th anniversary event with a couple of hundred other Brits. The list of issues that we and our fellow guests encountered were endless, but included:
• Room not available until 9pm (6 hours late)
• Reception staff were completely ineffective. Despite numerous complaints and issues raised, the reception staff failed to act on them.
• Hot water was not available for the majority of the 6 days. We were informed that this was due to a defective boiler that maintenance was working on. On the odd occasion that hot water was available, the air in the system pipes caused extremely loud knocking sounds throughout the hotel, waking up numerous people at night and early morning.
• Room furniture and carpet covered in a layer of dust that must have taken months to build up. No alternative rooms available, therefore we complained and was informed it would be cleaned in the morning. The room was not cleaned at any stage in the 6-day stay despite numerous complaints every day.
• Air conditioned fixed at high temperature and no control available. Fan provided by staff after 2 days, but this was covered in a layer of dirt and could not be used.
• Bed not made and clean towels not provided throughout the 6 days. Towels obtained from surly maid in corridor on the odd occasion she could be found.
• No safe in room or reception. Several friends reported loss of items from rooms.
• There was a power cut to the hotel one morning, which although not the hotel`s fault, identified various issues including deficiencies in luminous signage and emergency lighting and also emergency stair wells that were partially obstructed.
• The breakfast was to the best part, inedible. It was pot luck whether cereals or other alternatives to the warm `glop` was put out by the staff.
• Despite having several bar staff, only one was serving, whilst the others just stood around talking. This caused a very long que and up to 40 minutes to get served (several frustrated guests decamped to the liquor store across the road).
• When served by the bar staff, the prices varied every time. Initially I was charged $10 for a beer until I challenged it and miraculously, this was corrected to $5.
• There was only one lift operational.
If it wasn’t for the fact that we were locked into this accommodation for the music event, we would have moved to an alternative hotel on the first day. On reflection, this hotel is not only substandard in its staff, accommodation and services, but also there were safety issues that would have closed it if it was located in the UK. Avoid this hotel at all costs!!!

Room tip: Go to another hotel for one
4  Thank JosephK2449
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2019

Dear Guest,