$152
$135
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$262
$138
$122
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$229
$215
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$169
$136
$124
Agoda.com
$249
All reviewsfisher buildingwayne state universitystarbucks coffeeice machinevalet parking ishotel restaurantinterviewcadillacdiawoodwardmotownconcertconferencegreektown
Reviewed July 30, 2017

The front Desk People and the bell staff were wonderful. I have to give a positive appreciation statement for Chelsi and Ryan. Both went above and beyond. However the Manager was not a customer service oriented person. One of our rooms had an HVAC issue that was not resolved in the first 4 hours. The manager, at 8 said give me 10 minutes, I just got here and the maintenance person went to get a part. I asked to make it her problem and give me another room so that it was the hotel's problem, not the guest. She declined. 30 minutes later it was fix, 40 minutes later it was broken. No management around. Ryan and Chelsi gave me a room to replace it. Based on the management, I would not return. The other thing, I went into 6 different rooms, all were in need of upgrades and if I were a woman, it would be impossible to put makeup on, since most of the bathrooms have dim lighting. There was nothing in the room about the restaurant or really how to use the phone; room to room, front desk, bell stand, etc. The staff took care of my family, as far as the banquet area and such, but the manager on 7/29 needs a lesson in customer service.

Room Tip: Listen to the heating / cooling unit and check the bathroom lighting
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank djcloud9
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience here at the historic Hotel St. Regis. Your comments regarding Chelsi and Ryan will be shared with them. Your comments regarding poor customer service provided by a manager, the lack of adequate lighting and information regarding the restaurant will be discussed as well. We appreciate the feedback in an effort to perfect service and the product to a guest.

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Avoid this place! I've never written a terrible review but feel obligated to help fellow travelers. This ST. REGIS on W Grand in Detroit IS NOT PART OF MARRIOT.

Classic old elegance, poorly or never updated & not maintained. I had countless issues and reported many. Finally got tired doing so. I'm really not picky. Really.

The bright spots were Ryan & Lisa at front desk! They are kind & really tried. Also windows open. Tasty food.

Here are some of the problems:

*A/C inadequate & it was only 80 degrees.
*Phone in room broken.
*incomplete room service order. Not corrected.
* Bath tub not draining.
*Dead fake flowers in room (see pics). That's hard to accomplish
* cig burn holes in the brown satin & velour comforter (when did they allow smoking last???!!!)
* the decor!
* Dead plants all over lobby
* no coffee shop or gift shop
* couldn't get through to room service second night to place order. Placed on perpetual hold. Or phone wouldn't dial through. Finally gave up.
* there is ZERO to walk to nearby.
* limited TV channels. & no directory available.
* (Maybe I'm fussy but) I need to waste four sugars, stirrers & napkins to get two dried creamer for coffee.
* lights out in very dark bathroom.
* took three calls to get a receipt for my stay.
* if all above not bad enough, toilet ran continually & wouldn't flush.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank J J K

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding our hotel. The issues and product you encountered during your stay will be discussed in an effort to strive to perfect the product and service provided.

Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

I have had some bad experiences at a hotel, but nothing compares to the visit I had at the Hotel St. Regis in Detroit. Warning to all stay as far away from this horrible place as possible. The whole staff, including the General Manger are the worst I've ever experienced. It is quite obvious why this is a 3 star hotel, should be a 2 star actually. Very disappointed with the way they handled my situation and will never recommend them to anyone, quite the opposite in fact, I will instruct people to run. They turned a great trip into a horrible trip.
I urge to not waste your time here, much nicer places to stay then this place.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank cmismith
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

We are sorry that you were disappointed with the handling of your situation. Obviously, it could have been avoided if the room have been checked prior to your departure or there have been a better understanding of what you specifically needed us to do to handle your request afterwards. We tried to accommodate your request to the best of our ability.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Clean hotel with very friendly staff. The hotel has quite the history so therefore could use some updates!
This hotel is very close to the last stop of the Q-Line which is a new streetcar that runs down Woodward which equals easy transportation.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Thank you for staying here at the historic Hotel St. Regis. We are working on improving the product and service for our guests. We are excited about the prospects for the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Do not stay here. The front desk staff was inattentive and the room was disgusting. We had kids there and they had paint peeling off the walls as well as outlet covers that were loose and falling off. The A/C did not work at all, the room was 80+ degrees. A maintenance man came up with a screwdriver but did nothing to attempt to repair it. He instead opened up our window which had no screen. He brought us a box fan and then said he would bring us a better fan but we never heard from him again. The front desk staff claimed that they were completely booked and we couldn't get a new room. Next morning we went to shower and had zero hot water, not even warm water. It was completely cold and previous reviews of this hotel have stated the same complaint. My son was shivering the entire time. Thankfully my wife noticed before using it but the towel in the bathroom was covered in hair. Not like a single hair that was stuck to the towel after it went through the laundry like can occasionally happen. No, it was obviously hair clippings from a man shaving and it had NOT been washed. When we went to the front desk in the morning to get new towels and let them know about our experience they comped our parking and offered us a free breakfast. I had no interest in eating there and when my wife checked the ratings of the restaurant online they were all poor. Our entire stay should have been comped. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Not sure how they currently have a decent rating because it was our worst experience at a hotel and we travel frequently.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank ARadcliffe10
Donna R, Manager at Hotel St. Regis, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

I apologize for the problems you encountered with the product and service during your stay here at the Hotel St. Regis. Your issues with the room and the staff will be discussed in an ongoing effort to perfect the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. it is appreciated.