$152
$135
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$262
$246
CrownePlaza.com
$199
$169
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

The Atheneum(Detroit)
$225
  • Restaurant
$138
$122
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$229
$215
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$169
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$209
$172
$136
$124
Agoda.com
$249
All reviewsfisher buildingwayne state universitystarbucks coffeeice machinevalet parking ishotel restaurantinterviewcadillacdiawoodwardmotownconcertconferencegreektown
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Booked this place through an online discount site, and we were very excited to try out this elegant and cozy hotel. However, we started having problems the moment we arrived. First of all, the hotel does not allow any parking other than valet, and from our room we could see our car parked in a poorly lit alley. Our check-in was uneventful and we made our way to our assigned room. When we inserted our key and walked in the door, it was clear that the room was already assigned to someone else - their open toiletry kit and suitcases were quite the giveaway. We hurried out of the room and went back to the front desk. Our second assigned room had 2 double beds instead of a king, so back to the front desk we went. Our third room was perfectly fine. Very clean, no complaints. Until the middle of the night. When the fire alarm went off every 5 minutes for about 45 min. My husband called the front desk after the first alarm to ensure that this was a false alarm (which it thankfully was), so we tried to go back to sleep. Needless to say, this wasn't the best night's sleep. The hotel was gracious enough to skip the $14 parking charge because of the "disturbances last night" when we checked out in the morning...but our kick-off to our cozy weekend away was already ruined. Definitely won't be visiting the St. Regis again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bridgeb14
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Like the reviewer below, I also stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for DEMF with my cousin, having traveled over from Milwaukee. I read some negative reviews on this site previously, so I was curious as to how "bad" it could really be.

I didn't find this to be the case at all. First off, The staff were very friendly and helpful from the point of arrival until we checked out. They helped us with directions(as we didn't have a car and were traveling to and from different points by bus/cab) and general overall questions. We forgot a couple of basic toiletries, and the staff provided them to us free of charge(items that wouldn't be complimentary otherwise), all with a smile.

The room itself was absolutely fine- nothing too fancy, but definitely clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. Because of the festival there were a lot of people on our floor, so there was noise in the hallway from time to time, but this didn't bother us as it's to be expected.

We came into town via Amtrak, which was very convenient as the station is a stone's throw away from the hotel. Downtown is very accessible by bus($1.50) and taking a cab was reasonable as well(around $10).

For the price we paid, I am very satisfied. I plan on coming back for the festival in the years to come and I would definitely stay at the Hotel St. Regis again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2011

2 of us were heading to downtown Detroit (i came from Milwaukee, WI) for the electronic music festival and looked for an affordable place to stay. We found a great rate at the St Regis in Detroit, but some of the reviews made us weary of staying there. Boy, we couldn't have been more wrong...

From the moment we rolled up to the valet, we were greeted by a very courteous staff. We had ZERO problems checking in, getting to our room, and the staff took care of us for 4 days. Whether we needed something brought up, a cab ordered or anything else, they were great. The room was not fancy, but we knew that going in. It was clean, with 2 queen beds. I've stayed at the Ren-Cen (mariott) before, and this room was about the same size. The Detroit Police station was less than a block away so we felt safe when we were outside the hotel as well. And the price? We payed about $525 for 4 nights. I'll take it. I would definitely go back to the St Regis hotel in Detroit, MI.

~mike
Milwaukee, WI.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The hotel needs lots of work and false avertises its amenities . Did not have anything that it avertised that it did, It was not very clean at all and the elevators dont work. Was very unhappy and my advise is no amount of money is worth waisting your time to spend at this hotel. The only positive thing about it was the hospitaliy and the comfort of the bed. Wich had to make up for the crappiness of the hotel.

Room Tip: Dont just rely on price and false pictures posted
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank detroit20
Reviewed May 23, 2011

First, no valet assisted me with my bags upon arrival and NO cart was available! I dragged my heavy bags to the front desk! The front desk lady had an attitute problem and by the attention to detail in the elevator, I could tell this was a poor choice! When we arrived to the room there was no power in the bathroom and vanity area! I called and informed the front desk. They could have cared less! I walked downstairs and got the key after having waited 20 mins. & moved my own bags to the next room. I found the staff unattentive and uninterested in the issue. If you are looking for quality cleanb room wih outstanding customer service...DON'T! It's not a stellar hotel by any means! Save your money and go to a Marriott.

Room Tip: Go to a Marriott
  • Stayed: November 2010