“Not as great as it used to be..”
Review of La Gloria Bakery

La Gloria Bakery
Ranked #4 of 17 Dessert in Detroit
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I always like to end a visit to the D with a stop at La Gloria Bakery. What can be better than fresh made help yourself walk around with a tray and fill up on yummy goodnes?!?! This place was worth it to go out of your way because beside being tasty the prices were amazing. But a dollar fifty for a donut was shocking... I believe the prices used to be too low, but 6 dollars for 4 donuts not a bargain. If you are in the area and looking for a sweet treat stop in. But I won't be going out of my way anymore.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm not a huge fan of mexican pastries and sweets, but if you are, this is your place in Detroit's mexicantown. Good selection, decent pricing, and unbeatable location right off of I75 and Vernor.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

5 hungry Canadians visited this quaint bakery after an awesome Mexican brunch at Los Galanes across the street. The churros were good but the pineapple turnover type of pastry was fantastic! Even better then that we're the pastries sprinkled with sugar on the outside with caramel on the inside. The staff were friendly as qell

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place is amazing. You come in and get a tray and tongs and walk around looking at all the pastries behind glass doors.and help yourself to whatever you want. There are so many different pastries which makes it tough to decide what to choose. They have fresh baked tortillas as well which are so good.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I like my desserts sweet, so this was not my cup of tea.
I got a fluffy bun of some sort w/ icing and custard on top - quite good. Husband got a "shortbread" that was sort of crumbly and didn't have much flavor to it. I'd come back to try some of the other items but would not get too excited about it.