“Delicious!”

Avalon International Breads
Ranked #5 of 24 Bakeries in Detroit
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The Avalon is a really great bakery. It has a good variety of artisan baked goods and delicious coffee. I have been there several times and never got soup. The last time, I got a cup of their pea soup. It was incredible! You get your choice of roll to go with the soup. It was the perfect thing for a cold day walking around MidTown. The staff are friendly and helpful if you have questions. The one thing I don't like is that they do not always put the prices on their marketplace items which consist mostly of locally sourced spoon fruits/jams/jellies/honey/peanut butter, etc.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently had my first experience at Avalon! It was wonderful! As a chef who makes all of my own bread the old school way, I truly appreciate the beautiful crust they achieved on my polish rye. I brought that bread home, but I had an anise scone that was delicious. I think it could've had a bit more anise but it was fresh and had an amazing texture. The latte I ordered was also excellent! Thank you and good job Avalon!

2  Thank Mike R
Reviewed November 5, 2012

i work at Henry Ford hospital and their bakery has been a welcome addition. Everything is amazing and the staff is super cool!

1  Thank Kim H
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Love going to Avalon. Great place to enjoy coffee (50 cents per refill) and a yummy baked good (or two!). I love the chocolate ganache brioche and blueberry buckle cake. Atmosphere is boho and artsy....very welcoming for readers and laptops. Outdoor seating in the warm months---nothing better.

1  Thank applegirl57
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Local bakery. Appeals to your every sense. Don't bother if you are on a diet or watching your carbs. Ha! And they take care of their employees and use local farmers! Keep it up!