“Awesome!”

Avalon International Breads
Ranked #4 of 24 Bakeries in Detroit
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed November 5, 2012

i work at Henry Ford hospital and their bakery has been a welcome addition. Everything is amazing and the staff is super cool!

1  Thank Kim H

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Love going to Avalon. Great place to enjoy coffee (50 cents per refill) and a yummy baked good (or two!). I love the chocolate ganache brioche and blueberry buckle cake. Atmosphere is boho and artsy....very welcoming for readers and laptops. Outdoor seating in the warm months---nothing better.

1  Thank applegirl57
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Local bakery. Appeals to your every sense. Don't bother if you are on a diet or watching your carbs. Ha! And they take care of their employees and use local farmers! Keep it up!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Love their breads, friendly atmosphere, and proximity to other Midtown destinations. Fresh and delicious, frequented by the hip crowd.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I just became aware of Avalon by spotting their new location inside of Henry Ford Hospital. After one visit to this welcome beacon of nutritional hope for the hospital, I am HOOKED! Our sandwiches were so fresh and tasted astounding and I don't get to say that a lot since becoming vegan. The olive bread was out of this world and the sample of a dill bread made me want to buy at least 2 loaves. They were sold out of the dill bread (I'm not surprised) but the employee making my sandwich was so kind that she gave me some of the sample bread to take home! I couldn't believe how friendly the staff were. Everything looked so wholesome and there were lots of healthy choices. This place is perfect for a hospital as it provides a better option compared to your typical "why would you serve this in a place that promotes health" type of fare (ahem...the pizza chain next door). I'll definitely be back to either of Avalon's locations very soon.

Been to Avalon International Breads? Share your experiences!