“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Yum! Beer and fantastic pizza for an open mind! Very cool concept and an awesome mix of people. It is a Detroit Gem! Love the ghetto blaster!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went to this spot based on the reviews and were impressed. A good selection of micro brews with the option of a tasting flight. They even combined the Ghetto Blaster and Nut Brown into the Nut Blaster - not the only one who had trouble deciding between the two. The Summer Brew wheat also very tasty. The thin crust pizzas were absolutely wonderful. We had the Danimal and the Sopla Fuego.

1  Thank ld4ivy
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My friends and I, who were visiting Detroit from Cleveland for a ball game, decided to give this place a try before heading back home. We had already been to Detroit Beer Co., earlier, but since we are all microbrewery fanatics, this was a must-do before leaving the city! The neighborhood was very dicey getting here from downtown, up Cass Ave, but we did ok. The parking is very confusing, however, and couldn't figure out which establishment owned which lot? So, we parked on the street, hoping our car would be safe...? Anyway, we all went inside, sat down and ordered 3 ghetto-blaster beers. My friends liked the taste better than myself, but it was decent. Motor City Brewing Works makes their own in-house beer and sodas, so it was very fresh tasting for sure. The bar offers no coasters, which is odd because it's made of a rock texture which is easy for glasses to break easily, which segways into my biggest complaint about this place... The pint glass of beer my friend was drinking out of was chipped on the edge of the glass where he was drinking from, and almost cut himself. The bar tender never even noticed it, and didn't even offer a discount or compensation. The service was very mediocre at best, and although we never tried any food here, the pizza did look amazing. I'd recommend this place, however, to someone who wants a good night out with friends, who likes micro-brew and enjoy a few good laughs. Just be careful!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stopped by Motor City Brewing Works after a visit to the Traffic Jam across the street. We only drank beer and did not try the pizza. However, they looked good enough I almost regretted not waiting to have dinner there instead. I sampled the Pale Ale and my companions sampled the Stout or Porter (I forget). Both beers were excellent. The night we visited a cloudy and cool (a rarity for the summer of 2012) so the roof top seating was closed. It looked to be an excellent locale for nicer weather. None the less, the inside of the restaurant was nice as well. They left the main doors on either side of the building open so we were provided with a nice fresh air atmosphere with the comforts of inside seating. The server was great, very friendly and down to earth. I plan to visit again the next time I am in Detroit. Go Tigers!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place is smaller than it looks! Not too many places to sit, so be careful of that if you want to bring a big group. I tried one of their housemade root beers since it was just too hot for alcohol that day and we were seated outside. It was pretty good. The fig and pear pizza was also OK but a bit too sweet for my taste (even has cinnamon) and the pears and figs were left in big chunks on the pizza which wasn't my favorite but to each his own. The cheese they used was awesome though. I don't think there's anything else on the menu but pizza, but they do offer a variety of vegetarian pizzas. I didn't see any vegan ones (I guess that'd be hard to do). Others in our group loved their beers. Service was good and they were quick with the drinks but over half our party had to wait for their pizzas to come out because we all ordered at once but their oven can't handle too many pizzas. I'd recommend, but I'll try a different pizza next time and maybe one of their beers.