“Best B B Q”

Slows Bar BQ
Ranked #14 of 1,235 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Love this place. Huge craft beer menu. All the usual Southern BBQ specialties smoked to a T. Order the 3 meat dinner and be prepared to take home enough for lunch!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,773)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here with friends for a pre tour Detroit bike ride meal. I haven’t been here for a few years and I have always had excellent food. Walk in wait was only 15 minutes. I ordered the full rack of baby back ribs for $30 with NO sides included. They used to give two sides with a dinner entree but not anymore. All sides are A la carte. The ribs had a great smoked flavor but were over cooked. They offer 5 sauces, all that are underwhelming and thin except the apple. The baked Mac and cheese is excellent. Service was excellent. Most of my party enjoyed their entrees and sandwiches. Same day reservations not accepted. Indoor/outdoor seating. Full bar with craft beer selections on the high side. Very limited street parking that is difficult to find during peak times. They no longer have salmon or catfish on the menu. They have done better in the past and I may return when I have a bigger bank roll.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch. Tried the pulled chicken an pork. Both very tasty with several sauces on the table to try. Green beans a little spice for me but companion loved them. Sweet potatoes were good too. Wish everything wasn’t ala carte tho.

1  Thank elaine c
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

A friend of mine recommended Slows BBQ and am I glad my group went! Slows has a wide variety of barbecue entrees, with 6 different sauce flavors to suit your tastes. If you like craft beer, you won't be disappointed here as there are lots of choices of those too. With Slows being so popular it's been featured on the Travel Channel, it gets very crowded, so make your reservation on its website in advance so that you too can taste some of the best barbecue around.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Being a southerner, pride in barbecue is pretty high on the list. Since moving to Michigan a couple years ago, I have been missing a good pork barbecue with a mustard based sauce. Having enjoyed my first taste last week, I am making new memories here in Michigan. Their South Carolina mustard BBQ sauce is second to none in my book. The Mac 'n Cheese is really good as well. Being a frugal southern grandma, I used the left-over meat I had and made Brunswick Stew. Winter will be more bearable with pork on the menu!