“No parking”
Review of Slows Bar BQ

Slows Bar BQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Slows Bar BQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,138 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We couldn't have dinner there today because there was no parking. After several trips around the block, we gave up and went elsewhere. I don't plan on going back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food and service was very good. Bring your patience, there was a 45 minute wait. We went on a Sunday evening for dinner, busy.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went for an early lunch during the week. Group of 7, most had real meat, I had the chicken which was in a nice sauce on toast. Waffle Fries were enjoyed as well! Lots of beer on tap

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Slows is a very unique BBQ experience. Retro meets southern bayou. My fave is the Yard bird on Texas Toast (chicken with mushrooms bacon seasoned to perfection) with waffle fries and sometimes a side of gumbo! Great food nice atmosphere. Perfect spot for a pre or post downtown Detroit lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stopped by Slows for a to go order around 7ish on a weekend night. I was fortunate and found metered parking right out front. (Parking is an issue) I inched my way through the crowded doorway and found a tight seat at the bar where I was initially ignored by the bar tender. (this happens often, I don't know why, solo female with a cute fro what's not to like. :D)

Anyhoo once the bartender decided to ask if I'd been served (I was the only solo female with an afro at the bar how he missed that he hadn't served me you tell me. ) I ordered a rack of St. Louis ribs with baked beans and cole slaw. I ended up getting the carrot cake as well.

I thought the ribs were just ok they were tender but not overcooked or mushy but they had this smoky taste to them that overpowered the taste of the meat that could not be succumbed by the sauce. The sides were very good the baked beans were just sweet enough and cooked just right not boiled to oblivion. The cole slaw was fresh and creamy. No bread came with the meal which was a surprise I guess it's a la carte. The carrot cake was nothing special and over priced IMO. I would come to Slow's again but probably not on the weekend for a sit down meal.

1  Thank MOTWNGRL_AM_I