“Excellent BBQ!”
Review of Slows Bar BQ

Slows Bar BQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Slows Bar BQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,113 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Tecumseh, MI
“Excellent BBQ!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was very good! I ordered the dish that had a little of every meat: brisket, ribs and chicken. The brisket was just a tad bit dry for my taste. The chicken was very good but the ribs were really good! They really had that smokey smell and taste. ( Just to let you know, all the ribs come in a dry rub. There are no sauces on them. There are sauces on the table for you to put on your own ribs. ) I also ordered a side of potato salad and baked beans. Both excellent in my opinion. The potato salad has just the right amount of dressing and the baked beans tasted great! Not sure what spice is in it, but it gives it a slight twist from your traditional baked beans. They have a variety of local beers as well. My favorite part was the dessert. We had the pecan pie (from Zingermans) with vanilla ice cream. Oh my gosh! That pecan pie tasted soooo good. It was warm and sweet with a flaky crust. And the vanilla ice cream was real creamy. Perfect ending to a great meal.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Classic BBQ”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

If you like smoked BBQ this is a must try. I had the baby back ribs that were well prepared. The chicken wings are great. They have 5 different BBQ sauces from sweet to spicy with a seasonal sauce which was a chocolate sauce for this visit. All were very good.

• Visited May 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Upscale and yummy”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I loved Slows. It is a "nouvelle" BBQ place, my label; upscale, craft beers, excellent versions of classic BBQ forms and new twists. Nothing wrong with that, and I enjoyed every moment, but this is not a BBQ shack with a smoker out back, it is a restaurant bar, and a fine one.

Four sauces at every table (each very good.) Attentive and fun wait staff. Surprising and inventive architecture and ambiance.

We had The Reason (pulled pork) and The Yardbird (pulled chicken) for lunch. Excellent. Breads offered were both homemade - a bun or toast. We ordered The Yardbird on toast and the The Reason on a bun. And then we split the sandwiches (see picture.)

Both were fabulous. The Reason was one of the best NC pork sandwiches I have ever had. Just the right amount of vinegar, a subtle hint of spice, true smoked fat flavor. The Yardbird had bacon hidden in it, which took it out of ordinary to yummy.

Believe the hype. Go to Slows.

1 Thank jgmeath
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Found the restaurant through the food network app. It was crowded and we were seated at the last open table. Fun atmosphere. I had one of the brisket sandwiches with smoked Gouda and caramelized onions. It was good but didn't wow me. Brisket was a bit dry. There are 4 sauces on the table, I wasn't a big fan of any of them. The spicy one was ok. I would probably try the place again if I lived nearby.

Visited April 2013
“Great little bbq place.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Good beer, good food. Service is average. Always a wait and they don't take resv. unless party of 6 or more. Fun place for bar-b-que.