“One of the best Westin's in the country”

The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“One of the best Westin's in the country”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

My wife and I almost exclusively stay at Westin's when we travel - due to Starwood points. We've stayed at a lot of Westin's and I think this takes the cake. I'm a little biased because I live in the Detroit area and unfortunately one of the best things about the Book Cadillac is that there isn't anyone there so you feel like you have the place to yourself. My wife and I went on a Saturday night to see a comedian downtown and decided to stay at the Westin instead of drive back that night. We got there early to enjoy the hotel and the city. We had heard that the spa area downstairs was pretty cool so we got our swimsuites on and checked it out. They have an amazing pool and hottub area that is immaculate and totally deserted. Better yet, while you're chillin' down by the hot tub - you have a full room service menu at your disposal. Again, this wouldn't have been so amazing if it was filled with people but we were the only ones down there. Our room was only $120 and because they were so empty they upgraded us to a suite near the top of the building. Needless to say, we love this place and if we ever feel the need to get out of the house for a night again - we'll be heading down to the Westin.

BONUS: Like all Westins, it's dog friendly so we don't have to worry about a dog sitter either. Totally sweet.

PS. I've stayed at a lot of hotels downtown. If you're coming into Detroit, rest assured that the Westin Book Cadillac is by far the best value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David48025

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Book Cadillac for an overnight getaway. The hotel is beautiful, classic and gracious, with attention to every detail. The service was outstanding, the best I've ever experienced. It was clear that the staff was highly trained. The room was well appointed and very tastefully decorated. The bed was indeed "heavenly." We had cocktails and an appetizer in the lovely Motor Bar and were very impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. The 24 Grille is a great place for a "date night" type of meal. My husband's filet was amazing! The whole experience was top notch until we returned to our room for some much needed sleep. I think that the sound insulation was completely left out of the renovation. We could hear every single sound coming from the hall. At 6:30 am, I was awoken by the neighbor's television. This was not general tv noise, I could hear EVERY WORD. I actually laid in bed and listened to the news through the wall. I know that it's impossible to completely block all sound, and I don't expect silence, but the noise level was really unacceptable. It would have been unacceptable for a Holiday Inn, but it was even more unacceptable for a $300+ per night room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kacampbell
Hughes, Arkansas
Reviewed February 28, 2011

A friend and I just stayed at the Westin and were very happy with choose this hotel. Weather was cold and snowing so we were able to take advantage of Spa19, the Motor Bar and our favorite 24Grille. Thanks so much!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Canandaigua, NY
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I was here for a convention at Cobo. It was less than 10 minutes to walk there and although I never felt unsafe, it was not a pretty walk.
The hotle has undergone a major renovation and the rooms were all up to date with flat screen TV's etc. Ther were 2 elevators out of order which caused major crowds at the beginning and end of each day. The bar was hopping at night.
The pool and fitness room is on the ground floor so you have to walk through the lobby in gym clothes to get there but the facilities were nice.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank ber5408
Lake Isabella, MI
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on business in February of 2011. The room I had was very nice and large. The hotel has several places to eat. The staff was very friendly. I did valet park, which I highly recommend at this location.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Thank you for your review. It is true that our rooms are large by today’s standers. But when the hotel opened in 1924 they would have seem cavernous. At that time there were 1035 rooms. The 42” TV’s we have now might have taken up one whole wall!

Be Well,
David W - Guest Relations Manager
Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Tired of the Detroit Ren Center. I hope to review from a Premium or Grand corner room. It will be refreshing to be in a new hotel.
Photos to come.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Myself & Wife & friends stayed at the Westin for the Kid Rock Concert. We are also memebrs of Starwood so we received a early check-in which was nice however we arrived in our room to find no waters which front desk said would be there, no big deal we called down twice before they finally brought it up. Time to go eat and would like to lock up our valuables and the safe is locked called down to have security come open it took over 30 minutes. The next morning we receive our bill under the door much to our surprise they charged us almost $50.00 more than our confirmation. Then the next day I checked my credit card to make sure the credit were correct to find out they charged us for the wet bar which we never opened. So we are not pleased with the way this whole stay went other than early check in. That is pretty sad for a Westin I just wonder how many other people that this happen to. I am so glad we paid attention.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bubblygal42
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you for providing a review of your stay. We are deeply sorry that you encountered the service issues you mentioned. In investigating your comments, it was determined that during your check-in the associate who served you made an erroneous data entry which resulted in the rate change. As a result of your comments, our front desk team has conducted a review to ensure that this mistake does not occur again. I hope that our correcting this error while you were checking out was satisfactory. Additionally, we have refunded you the $3.81 refreshment center (water) charge which you incurred in error. Our commitment to providing excellent service includes making certain our guest’s charges are accurate and regret that in your case we missed that mark. Thank you again for your comments and on behalf of the whole hotel, we hope to have another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Be Well,