“Awesome hotel and great service!”

The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome hotel and great service!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Upon checkin I was greeted by wonderful registration staff. I asked for a high floor and was given a beautiful King room on the 20th floor. When I arrived in my room it was mostly clean but something had been left in the closet. I called the front desk and within minutes someone brought me keys to a new (upgraded) room with an awesome view of the city. The staff was apologetic and also offered me some SPG points in addition to the upgrade. Oh, and the Heavenly Beds at the Westin hotels are awesome!! The restaurant in the lobby 24 Grille was amazing and the staff there was also very helpful and attentive. I used the hot tub and heated swimming pool on Saturday after picking up some flip flops at the front desk since I forgot mine at home. Even the young man working the gift shop was courteous and helpful. The hotel staff was absolutely amazing, the restaurants are top notch, and the rooms are by far one of the best deals I've seen for the price in any major city downtown area (including the basic King room we had before the upgrade). The location is nice, just blocks from key landmarks and while I valet parked it seemed easy to catch a cab, if needed, with the help of the doormen/valet.

I docked the Cleanliness by one notch, only because of the first room. But there were absolutely no problems during the remainder of my stay and everything else in the hotel was immaculate.

This was a great choice. We normally stay at the Westin in Southfield, which is also nice, but I will definitely stay here in the future when we want the downtown access and nightlife!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are large and have windows facing both sides. The King Traditional room is nice and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Services Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comprehensive review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in so many ways. Your kind words about our team are greatly appreciated and I will certainly share this with all of them.
We hope to see you again soon.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Riverview, Michigan
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Five year anniversary getaway. Took in a Tiger game. They were kind and let us check in early. Room 929, smelled of cat whiz. We left and came back after the game hoping the smell was just some chemical or something. Nope. We were to bed fairly early after being outdoors all day, then the chaos began. I was up from 11PM until 8:30AM when I had enough. Loud music and loud mouths until 5 in the morning. There were no breakds. Otherwise, the room was clean and nice. We also ate at 24Grille which was convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lynnkov
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not entirely enjoy your stay due to noise issues you experienced as well as the room fragrance you did not find pleasing. Please accept our apologies and I can assure you that we are aggressive in dealing with guest who creates disturbances such as that you described. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again and provide you with a restful and relaxing stay that is more indicative of The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit.

Oak Park, IL
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our room was large with a great big bathroom. The bar and restaurants were excellent. The pool and hot tub were large and clean with lots of towels available. We were able to walk or take the people mover everywhere downtown. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt S
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enoyed your stay and knowing that you would pick up again is very rewarding.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I do love the Westin Book Cadillac. I feel so pampered there. The service is great and ohhhh the spa is wonderful. I order room service every time I stay at the Book Cadillac, the food is hot and the wait is not long.
If you are thinking about staying in Detroit, stay at the Westin Book Cadillac. It's AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank harambe87
Thank you for your kind comments and recommending us to your fellow travelers. We are dedicated to make every guest feel special and we are pleased if we were able to deliver on our promise.

Once again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2014

When we got to the hotel our room wasn't ready, which was odd because it was after 5pm. However, the staff was so accomodating! They gave us free drink vouchers to go have a drink in the bar while we waited. Not 5 minutes later they called to let us know our room was ready! And they even had updraded us! All of the staff was excellent! We went to the lobby bar and the other bar in the hotel. We had so much fun we didn't leave that first night! The next day we went to the Bears vs Lions game. We were able to walk to the field. Had a great time. Only recommendation...DO NOT leave the hotel at night! If you are going somewhere have a cab take you there!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mrswax
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Services Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. I'm pleased to read that although there was an unforeseen delay in checking-in, we were able to effectively respond to the situation and start your stay off on a high note. We hope to have you back for a Tigers vs. White Sox game this summer. As a side note; although we feel differently about your comment about leaving the hotel, we do want to let you know cabs are plentiful and available day or night in front of the hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is such an amazing hotel! its absolutely beautiful inside and out and I would never have expected to find such a nice place in Detroit! The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I have to said the soaps and shampoo smell absolutely delicious. There is a coffee shop that sell breakfast sandwiches downstairs and sells starbucks coffee. This is a great alternative if you don't want to spend on breakfast. Breakfast is a bit pricey, but was great. We ate at the hotel Roast and it was delicious. You must try the brussel sprouts and the mac and cheese. No joke, these were the best brussel sprouts I have ever tasted! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting detroit!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your high praise. It is always a pleasure to read that we left such a positive impression on a guest. Although I can’t tell you how to make Chef Michael Symon’s famous Brussels sprouts, I can tell you that you can enjoy the Westin signature White Tea scent in your home by visiting Westin At Home on the web. Thank you again, we hope to see you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin when in town for a Red Wings game. Had a large, clean room on the 20th floor. Great service in the lounge and upon check in. Walking distance to the Joe and short cab ride to DIA. Convenient coffee shop on the ground floor. Recommended.

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and that we have earned your recommendation. We hope you have an opportunity to return very soon.