“THANK YOU”

The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was overwhelmed with this hotel, staff, room, amenities, just everything! The most courteous peple are hired in there and just seem happy to assist with anything you might need or question. I recently spent time there with my grandchildren - they want to live there! I left behind a very sentimental item and they found this and I have it back! They care and that is awsome! Thank you again for the wonderful memories me & my grandchildren made while there.

M Lowe

Room Tip: Who need a view when you have the city to explore? If a view matters, just ask the reservationist...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Westin_Book_Cadillac, GSM at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

We are so delighted to hear that you and your grandchildren had such a satisfying stay in every way. Thank you for mentioning the high level of service and positive interactions with our team. This is what we strive for with each and every guest. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Book Cadillac in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I have used this hotel in the past. Well located and has few nice restaurants. This time the front desk person offered me am upgrade with $20 a day. Which I said yes. First I got a room which was large but empty and I went back they gave me second room 929. It had a strong cigar smell, carpets were not clean, ac did not work and the hotel ran out of water for drinking. With all the complaining they kept on sending people to fix it. Smell never went away had to stay with the ozone machine in my room. And bad cigar smell. Next day used the spa and the wrap was done in 15 mins with no wrapping All in all bad experience
But the restaurants are all very good

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bhardas

Thank you for your review and your positive mention of our team. However, we are disappointed, and frankly embarrassed, with the experience you had with your room. The room you mentioned should have been taken out of service to deal with the inconsiderate prior guest who broke our no-smoking policy. Please accept our apologies for the disappointing aspects of your stay and we hope this isolated incident does not keep you for joining us in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

What a phenomenal hotel stay! Totally impressed by the renovation - classy and modern. The bed and rain shower are amazing; typical of the Westin heavenly trademarks. I have been staying at Marriott hotels due to their rewards system but this stay made me say: "I need to go back to the Westin!". Great food and views of the Tigers stadium.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review and your comments about your recent stay at The Westin Book Cadillac. We are excited to hear that we were able to woo you away from the competition. We hope to be your home away from home when you're in Detroit.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Checked in for Superbowl and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is.
Spacious and crisply modern decorated rooms. Large bathroom with great rainshower head and secondary "brush" head. Staff were all courteous and efficient. Had a well made latte and breakfast sandwich in WBC on the way out. Only negatives were that a couple of more signs would be nice to direct you to ice, what floors things are on, where restaurants and cafe are located - really minor stuff. Room had a terrible view (mostly of other hotel rooms) but that's just the luck of the draw. Would definitely stay there again - looking for excuses to do so now!
Would highly recommend for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a view if you want one then hope it's available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay in so many ways. We look forward to welcoming you back – hopefully in the not too distant future. Keep an eye on our special offers page on our website – you might just find that excuse to return.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a business hotel that *advertises* free internet. It does NOT provide free internet in your room, only in the lobby. This is 2014, every hotel has internet in the lobby - every mcdonald's has free internet. It is misleading to characterize your hotel as having "free" internet when, in fact, you have to pay to access in your room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank csc_business

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide your feedback regarding our Wi-Fi options. I have pass on your comment to our leadership team for their review. Please accept our apologies for your disappointment during your stay.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit, MI on January 25-26. We were celebrating a friends 50th birthday that weekend. Given all the negative publicity Detroit has received I wasn’t sure I wanted to stay in a hotel in downtown Detroit. Boy I couldn’t have been more wrong! We wanted that weekend to be very special for our friend. My friends and I couldn’t be more pleased at the spacious and clean accommodations and the exceptional staff at the Westin Book Cadillac!

Kevin, who assisted with our check-in, was very professional, courteous and pleasant. He set a positive and engaging tone for us and our wonderful stay at the Westin Book Cadillac. Given the special birthday weekend we requested and were given an upgrade. The staff at the Westin took very good care of us! I must say that all the staff from the valet, to the waitress in the lounge, the young man who brought up a roll away bed, to the gentleman at the check-out desk exemplified outstanding customer service!

Quite frankly I measure all hotels by my stay at the Inn at the Bay Harbor in Petoskey, MI in regards to exceptional customer service. I can truly say that we received exceptional customer service at the Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit. Next to cleanliness customer service ranks a very close second of qualities that are crucial to me in selecting a hotel. I would “Highly” recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel in downtown Detroit, MI.

Room Tip: Talk to Kevin at check-in and explain what you need. He was exceptionally helpful to us!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank virtuous60

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so happy that you pick us to celebrated your friends special day. I will be sure to pass along a special thank you to Kevin. He exemplifies what our staff strives to provide: warm, attentive and personal service to all our guests. I am pleased to hear you also took pleasure in the changes to downtown. We can’t wait to welcome you and your friends back soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I normally stay at the Marriott Ren Cen when I'm in Detroit but stayed at the Book during the auto show. I was very pleased. It's a nicely renovated classic. I had a large room and amenities are all nice, Westin quality. I did think the service in the bar was a little slow. And you do need to be careful walking around, but I don't think Detroit is much worse than any urban area in that respect.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business