“Awesome stay”

The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Checked in for Superbowl and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is.
Spacious and crisply modern decorated rooms. Large bathroom with great rainshower head and secondary "brush" head. Staff were all courteous and efficient. Had a well made latte and breakfast sandwich in WBC on the way out. Only negatives were that a couple of more signs would be nice to direct you to ice, what floors things are on, where restaurants and cafe are located - really minor stuff. Room had a terrible view (mostly of other hotel rooms) but that's just the luck of the draw. Would definitely stay there again - looking for excuses to do so now!
Would highly recommend for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a view if you want one then hope it's available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Westin_Book_Cadillac, GSM at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay in so many ways. We look forward to welcoming you back – hopefully in the not too distant future. Keep an eye on our special offers page on our website – you might just find that excuse to return.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a business hotel that *advertises* free internet. It does NOT provide free internet in your room, only in the lobby. This is 2014, every hotel has internet in the lobby - every mcdonald's has free internet. It is misleading to characterize your hotel as having "free" internet when, in fact, you have to pay to access in your room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank csc_business

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide your feedback regarding our Wi-Fi options. I have pass on your comment to our leadership team for their review. Please accept our apologies for your disappointment during your stay.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit, MI on January 25-26. We were celebrating a friends 50th birthday that weekend. Given all the negative publicity Detroit has received I wasn’t sure I wanted to stay in a hotel in downtown Detroit. Boy I couldn’t have been more wrong! We wanted that weekend to be very special for our friend. My friends and I couldn’t be more pleased at the spacious and clean accommodations and the exceptional staff at the Westin Book Cadillac!

Kevin, who assisted with our check-in, was very professional, courteous and pleasant. He set a positive and engaging tone for us and our wonderful stay at the Westin Book Cadillac. Given the special birthday weekend we requested and were given an upgrade. The staff at the Westin took very good care of us! I must say that all the staff from the valet, to the waitress in the lounge, the young man who brought up a roll away bed, to the gentleman at the check-out desk exemplified outstanding customer service!

Quite frankly I measure all hotels by my stay at the Inn at the Bay Harbor in Petoskey, MI in regards to exceptional customer service. I can truly say that we received exceptional customer service at the Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit. Next to cleanliness customer service ranks a very close second of qualities that are crucial to me in selecting a hotel. I would “Highly” recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great hotel in downtown Detroit, MI.

Room Tip: Talk to Kevin at check-in and explain what you need. He was exceptionally helpful to us!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank virtuous60

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are so happy that you pick us to celebrated your friends special day. I will be sure to pass along a special thank you to Kevin. He exemplifies what our staff strives to provide: warm, attentive and personal service to all our guests. I am pleased to hear you also took pleasure in the changes to downtown. We can’t wait to welcome you and your friends back soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I normally stay at the Marriott Ren Cen when I'm in Detroit but stayed at the Book during the auto show. I was very pleased. It's a nicely renovated classic. I had a large room and amenities are all nice, Westin quality. I did think the service in the bar was a little slow. And you do need to be careful walking around, but I don't think Detroit is much worse than any urban area in that respect.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jlfor
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Decided to stay the weekend in downtown Detroit in order to go to the Detroit Auto Show and to the Detroit Institute of Art (rather than stay in Windsor at Caesar's). The Westin is a 5 minute walk to the Auto Show. However, be warned, there is nothing else downtown near the hotel, nothing. That area of Detroit is a barren wasteland... and the hotel is an absolute oasis.
The hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful, excellent service skills. The room was big and very well appointed and very clean. The bathroom featured a premium walk-in shower as well as bathtub and very decent towels. The bed was extremely comfortable (but the mattress cover did not fit correctly). The Wi-Fi was strong and dependable... there are Wi-Fi charges made for each multiple device, but those extra multiple device charges will be cut at check-out if you ask. The fitness center was adequate and very convenient. You can park next to the Westin with a discount rate, no need to valet park. The restaurants are terrific, but of course pricey. I ordered great pizza from Jet's Pizza; the front desk can give you a menu. It is important to note that there are no take-out options near the hotel... there is a sketchy CVS two blocks away and a classic hot-dog diner close by there... that is it, period.
The hotel is amazing, and so very affordable (if you bid on a four-star in that area of town).
Whenever I return to Detroit for the auto-show I will only stay at the Westin Cadillac.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank balanelcher
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels in Detroit, with beautiful public areas and rooms. The room we stayed in was very large with a large bathroom as well. My only critique was the hotel only had the one restaurant to get breakfast on a Sunday and it ended up being about $45 for two for coffee and scrambled eggs. I would recommend that anyone staying at the hotel go someplace like the Hudson Café on Woodward for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nannyk
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Finally a top notch hotel in downtown Detroit that's not attached to a casino. We spent Friday night downtown for a hockey game and dinner and the Westin definitely fit the bill. It's close to the Michigan people mover station - less than a block - and if the weather is decent it's walking distance to Campus Martius and Grand Circus park in the summer.

The valet service was great as were the front desk staff. We ended up in the Motor bar for drinks and appetizers before the game and dessert after. Everything was great. The bar was a little understaffed for a night with both hockey and auto show traffic but the staff that was there did a great job.

We had originally planned to have room service but passed - $16 plus tip and delivery charge for an omelette is a tad excessive. if you plan to spend a lot of time in your room you might want to ask for views of michigan ave - the other rooms have zero view - basically other hotel room windows.

Westin has done an excellent job renovating the hotel and the quality is far better than any of the other national chains downtown.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple