Location, room, linen, valet parking, location, Roast restaurant, large wine list , location , all good.
Happy hour @ 24 HR Grille looking at Michigan Ave, or, looking at Washington Blvd from the Roast restaurant is good.
Spent 2 nights and enjoyed the hotel and Detroit.
Close to the ballpark and Ford Field and Joe Louis.
My wife is pushing to return for a weekend to see the DIA , the casinos , Greektown , Eastern Market . Lots of other reasons to visit Detroit.
1. Free wi fi in one very small corner of the lobby. Porter had to show me the exact small area so I could check my e/mail.... or I could have spent $ to check spam /junk mail from my room. C'mon, are you going to start trying to charge for using the light bulbs , the toilet per flush, etc. Wifi should be free everywhere.
2. June 22 / 13 @ 2:00 pm told concierge the garbage chutes next to the 1st and 2nd floor elevators were overflowing...he thanked me and made a phone call... I returned to that small "free zone" in the corner of the lobby . 1/2 hr later the garbage was still there and a couple of weddings were booked and arriving... not a good impression for all concerned... I told the concierge and returned to my room.
3.Hate being "nickel and dimed" for wifi .
4. One member of the serving Staff @ 24 Grill was so indifferent on Fri @ 5:30 for happy hour. Seemed to think she was doing us a favour .Really hate that. Otherwise , a nice way to spend an hour watching Michigan Ave streetscape. Definitely will next time go to Roast and watch Washington Blvd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Book Cadillac returns legendary style and glamour to Detroit hotels. The historic Book Cadillac Detroit Hotel has been restored to its original splendor to reclaim its position as Detroit's premier hotel and social gathering destination. The luxury hotel also features more than 60 residences on the upper floors and some of the Midwest's most dramatic public event spaces. You would have to see the property to truly understand its significance. Now included in the National Register of Historic Places, the Italian Renaissance-style hotel, built by Detroit's famous Book brothers, was the tallest building in Detroit and the tallest hotel in the world at its completion in 1924. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit Hotel Detroit
- Westin Detroit