“Excellent property but be aware of the surroundings”

The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is one of the most Westin-like hotels around the world with modern interior and luxury bathroom. It is comfortable to sleep in and the food is great whether in-room dining or early breakfast.

Only caveat is that just don't walk out at night and just watch out for the surroundings when you walk outside of hotel. I tried to grab a drink by going to supermarket next door but even there seems quite dangerous (for a tourist) and now understand why Westin offers beverages (not overpriced though) in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. We are please that you enjoyed our property and our Culinary Team will be happy to read your complement about your dining experiences. Downtown Detroit and the area around the hotel is experiencing many positive improvements and we were happy have been the catalyst for development here. We are excited about how the area is making such a strong comeback. Thank you again for your review.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I always stay at Westins when I travel as I know I will always have a good bed and a good shower. The bed at this Westin didn´t disappoint though I was surprised by the lack of toiletries in the bathroom. Not even a shower cap. The rooms were large and the check in smooth and friendly. I did think the bell service was a bit slack. Sure it was snowing heavily but not one of them came to help me with my luggage. Considering they were watching me slipping and sliding across the ice that was pretty bad. Once inside, they fell all over me but by this time I had my luggage under control and wasn´t feeling inclined to them tip someone for the easy part! Roast downstairs is fabulous, and the bar just off to the side of reception is a nice spot to sit and have a quiet drink. Westin - please train your bell service on "service"!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review; it was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the Westin Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Shower. Obviously we are disappointed to read of your experience with front door team. Please accept our apologies that you were not offered assistance with your luggage, this is not the level of service we aim to provide. Your comments have been shared with the team. We are certain that if given an opportunity, you will experience the high level of service we have become known for.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

One of the nice hotels I have ever stayed at, just beautifully restored. The rooms are great and the restaurants are fantastic.. The Roast is unbelievable... Go and enjoy a nice weekend - upi pwe it to yourself..

Room Tip: all the rooms are great..
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William R
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I recently spent a Saturday night at this hotel. My overall opinion of the hotel appearance and service is WOW outstanding. I myself am in the hotel industry and I could not find one flaw with this hotel. It was spotless, it was modern and majestic and the wonderful front desk person (young man - sorry I did forgot his name) upgraded me upon checkin because I was a Starwood member and had never stayed at this hotel before. He wanted to make sure I had a great experience so I would come back. Great job, because I will be back! The guestroom looked brand new and was very tastefully decorated in soft blues, greens and grays - I wished I could have spent a week in that room. The overhead rainfall shower was also amazing. I travel to Detroit for concerts and sporting events several times a year and I will definately stay here from now on. General Manager - you have a beautiful hotel and a wonderful staff. Everyone I encountered from valet parking, to front desk, to guest service over the phone, to the gift shop lady, along with staff passing by made me feel welcome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GM3325
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Wow! What a great review! Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great comments about our Team (Christopher in particular), our facility and your Heavenly Shower. I will be sure to share your comments with Christopher and the Team. I am glad you enjoyed every moment of your stay and that as a Starwood Preferred Member you were able to enjoy an upgrade.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nice downtown hotel. We came to Detroit to see a couple of Red Wings game this last weekend. We liked the location and closeness of the Detroit People mover and also loved the Valet Parking. The concierge and staff was always polite and knowledgeable. We had a great stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. We stayed in Room 910 and there wasn't much of a view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that our service left you feeling so positive. We are indeed fortunate to be so close to the People Mover which, as you experienced, is a great way to get around the downtown area. We hope to have you back again soon – maybe for a Tigers game.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here the night of my wedding and had a wonderful experience. The night person Tanisha (I hope that's her name) welcomed us with a smile and checked us in vey quickly and she could probably tell we were anxious to get to our room! The beds were heavenly and the room service the next morning was prompt. I have stayed at other hotels in the city but this is by far my favorite!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Westin_Book_Cadillac, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Congratulations! We are honored to part of such a special event. We wish you two the best of everything and hope to see you back for many anniversaries.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We often see shows in Detroit and find this hotel a great place to stay to avoid a late night drive home after the show or game. The restaurant "Roast" downstairs is a great place to start the evening. The steaks are great and the cocktails superb. The hotel is central so an easy walk to any of the sporting or concert venues. The valet parking is often included so worth looking into.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your night on the town; it is a great season for stage shows at the many theaters around the hotel. You are correct about the valet fee and we encourage guests to check out our special offers page on our website before booking to search for such deals. Thank you for your comments and for your loyalty to the Book.