“Wonderful”

The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went to Detroit for to watch the Texans play the Lions. The hotel is gorgeous. The rooms smelled fresh and were very very clean.The staff was very nice and polite.The location is in very close distance to Ford Field and Comerica park. If you stay here you must walk across the street to American Coney and have lunch or a late night bite.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Travelling round the world in a lot of 4* and 5* hotels I truly can’t understand why the Westin Cadillac in Detroit is such high-rated at Tripadvisor. It was a disappointing experience from check-in during the stay and also checkout.
Check-in: I reserved a room with King bed months ago paid with SPG points. Receptionist wasn’t able to find the reservation. Than we got the keys and went to our room. “Surprise” is was with 2 single beds.. Went down to the reception again and requested the room we reserved with king bed (or at least ONE bed). It took a lot of time – be aware we arrived from Europe after 10hour flight and approx. 15hour travel time in total – and we just wanted to get to the room and relax. So we waited again at the bar and the guy from the reception brought us the keys for the new room – upgraded to club level. Sounds good but was not. Smelly floor, small and dark room with “view” to the opposite wall. We decided not to change the room again (reception guy was not friendly at all and because we already saw 2 rooms the hope that one would be better was gone) and better to leave the other day and look for another hotel. So we checked out after 1 night at the Westin instead of 4 nights as planned. Reception wasn’t interested in knowing the reasons why we are leaving earlier – again not very friendly attitude. At least SPG got me some points back – but also paying for 1 night is one night paid too much.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank heikeanna
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit was a fun hotel and a great location in downtown Detroit. My wife and I traveled here for a nearby wedding. The hotel is in a very cool old brick building downtown and the design inside is very nice. The hotel staff went above and beyond for us especially after checking into our room and realizing a dress my wife brought was missing. The hotel staff quickly double checked the hallways the bellman brought our bags through and our car that was in the valet lot. The staff quickly located the dress, brought it to our room and apologized for leaving it in the car. We were certainly grateful for their help as that situation could have gone much worse.

The only critical comment we have is that since they were sold out of king rooms we were given a room with two beds. Unfortunately, those two beds were full size beds and not queen beds. This might sound nit-picky but I would think that a Westin would put Queen size beds in their double rooms - full size beds are too small. There was plenty of space in the room for two queen beds.

Regardless, the room was a great size and the bathroom large. 4 stars all day long.

Room Tip: Book a king room - watch out for small full size beds in the double rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KBussema
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We got stuck here for a week during Sandy. The staff were very friendly and quickly got me checked in and to my room. The hotel is clean and both restaurants are really good. It wasn't the worst place to be stuck!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lysalee
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just returned from a great 2 night stay at the Westin. Great staff, special Kudos to Sylvester. Rooms really are very tranquil, even thought I had 2 children with me. Booked a great rate online through one of their football weekend packages (we were there to see the Lions game). All amenities at the hotel are wonderful. Rooms were very large and the bathroom was also huge. Great valet staff. I wished their club suite was open on the weekends. My kids also thought the pool was a bit on the cold side. I loved the workout facility. First class accomodations!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank urbandweller50207
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here in early October for a few nights and really had a great stay. The staff were very friendly upon arrival and quickly got me checked in and to my room. The property is in fantastic condition. I was most shocked by the size of the rooms. The room, including the bathroom, were huge! the room was so clean and in such great condition that it felt brand new. I also appreciated the quality of the beds and linens. I really slept well while I was there.

I had a breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurants and also had room service one night. All the meals were good with above average service. It was also nice to have a Starbucks in the lobby for that early morning jolt.

There is a nice selection of equipment in the fitness center, but the cardio equipment was always very popular in the mornings! Go really early or plan on a later morning workout if you want to do some cardio.

I'd highly recommend this as a place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank J J
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this Westin in downtown Detroit. What a wonderful facility. Everything was fantastic. Location, facility and service are second to none. Location is within walking distance to the entertainment area, less than 1/2 mile. Valet service is great with little wait time to get your vehicle and the hotel was extremely busy. If your visiting Detroit I would definitely recommend this hotel as the place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012