WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Portland, Oregon
“Above and Beyond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit was a fun hotel and a great location in downtown Detroit. My wife and I traveled here for a nearby wedding. The hotel is in a very cool old brick building downtown and the design inside is very nice. The hotel staff went above and beyond for us especially after checking into our room and realizing a dress my wife brought was missing. The hotel staff quickly double checked the hallways the bellman brought our bags through and our car that was in the valet lot. The staff quickly located the dress, brought it to our room and apologized for leaving it in the car. We were certainly grateful for their help as that situation could have gone much worse.

The only critical comment we have is that since they were sold out of king rooms we were given a room with two beds. Unfortunately, those two beds were full size beds and not queen beds. This might sound nit-picky but I would think that a Westin would put Queen size beds in their double rooms - full size beds are too small. There was plenty of space in the room for two queen beds.

Regardless, the room was a great size and the bathroom large. 4 stars all day long.

Room Tip: Book a king room - watch out for small full size beds in the double rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KBussema

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We got stuck here for a week during Sandy. The staff were very friendly and quickly got me checked in and to my room. The hotel is clean and both restaurants are really good. It wasn't the worst place to be stuck!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lysalee
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Just returned from a great 2 night stay at the Westin. Great staff, special Kudos to Sylvester. Rooms really are very tranquil, even thought I had 2 children with me. Booked a great rate online through one of their football weekend packages (we were there to see the Lions game). All amenities at the hotel are wonderful. Rooms were very large and the bathroom was also huge. Great valet staff. I wished their club suite was open on the weekends. My kids also thought the pool was a bit on the cold side. I loved the workout facility. First class accomodations!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank urbandweller50207
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here in early October for a few nights and really had a great stay. The staff were very friendly upon arrival and quickly got me checked in and to my room. The property is in fantastic condition. I was most shocked by the size of the rooms. The room, including the bathroom, were huge! the room was so clean and in such great condition that it felt brand new. I also appreciated the quality of the beds and linens. I really slept well while I was there.

I had a breakfast and lunch at the hotel restaurants and also had room service one night. All the meals were good with above average service. It was also nice to have a Starbucks in the lobby for that early morning jolt.

There is a nice selection of equipment in the fitness center, but the cardio equipment was always very popular in the mornings! Go really early or plan on a later morning workout if you want to do some cardio.

I'd highly recommend this as a place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank J J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this Westin in downtown Detroit. What a wonderful facility. Everything was fantastic. Location, facility and service are second to none. Location is within walking distance to the entertainment area, less than 1/2 mile. Valet service is great with little wait time to get your vehicle and the hotel was extremely busy. If your visiting Detroit I would definitely recommend this hotel as the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank GaryS59
Howell, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is nice, staff is friendly. We were in town for the World Series game. Walking distance to comerica park. The bedroom area was cleaned good and the bed was VERY comfortable, but the bathroom still needed some work left over black hairs on the counter and on the white coaster that the glasses were on. The price is very high for these rooms for what you get, which i was surprised about. Valet service was great, fast and friendly and treated our car with care which was nice. I dont think I would pay $200 a night, maybe lower $100's if I stayed again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Livonia, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

To cut a long story short our first room was not cleaned properly, half eaten food in the fridge and mud on the bathroom floor. After waiting over an hour for someone to clean it up and bring us an ice bucket, we decided no one was going to come and to switch rooms . Our second room and a try full of old food, right in front of our door. We asked if someone could clean it up and after arriving back to our room 5 hours later, it was still sitting outside our room. So gross. I will never return to this hotel because they do not clean their rooms properly and even if they did, they do not make any effort to help their guests. Totally unacceptable for a room costing over $200. The only reason I said poor and not terrible is because the valet guy was great. Oh, and the coffee in the WBC coffee shop was gross. Not anything like Starbucks. It tasted very sour to me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple