“Overall a great night!”
Review of Republic

Republic
Reserve with OpenTable
Republic is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,279 Restaurants in Detroit
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Food and Service were great! Atmosphere was perfect! Always wanted to see this building which added some mystique to the evening.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019

While my wife and I have enjoyed meals by ourselves here since opening, this "Detroit eclectic joint" is more readily enjoyed in groups od 4, 6 or 16. Dishes are prepared for the table for sharing. Talk about classical "family style" eating!

This is a professional, restaurant style fare common at (French for example) home dinners (or breakfasts, brunches or nightcaps). The chef is right on, the staff is among the best trained, well informed, in Detroit. And the joint is PURE DETROIT - great location, cool space, next to top sports and entertainment venues and great, interesting food. I say, GO to Republic Grill before a ball game at Comerica Park or Ford field; before Wings hockey or Pistons basketball (or other events like Cirque) at Little Caesars Arena; before a play or musical at the Fisher Theater or Opera House; before a performance at Symphony Hall or the MAX -- get the point??? Just go - an ENJOY!

Reviewed January 14, 2019

I am checking out new Happy Hours in downtown. I like this place. They have limited option on the Happy Hour menu as it relates to food. I had the love portion number 9 and Tom Collins, both were delicious and I recommend them. Only one was on the Happy Hour menu.

Reviewed January 11, 2019 via mobile

Had a couple of vegan entrees that were nothing special
carrots were hard and unflavored
Beets were sour
Kale salad too citrus tasting
Tried the fish and chips on the special menu and not a fan of texture but at least the tartar sauce was good
Service was slow and food was not up to the hype
Best part of food and drink was the cocktails

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

We booked a reservation for 6 of us for New Year’s Eve. Our waiter was very professional and had great recommendations. We all too advantage of the $50/pp chefs choice specials. There was a ton of tasty food. I think my favorite was the Pheasant Pot Pie and the Beef Tenderloin. All around great experience and wonderful atmosphere!

Date of visit: January 2019

Been to Republic? Share your experiences!