Tripadvisor
Detroit
Post
Inbox
Search

“Avocado salad is such a great start to a meal here! ”
Review of Wright & Company

Wright & Company
Order Online
Ranked #8 of 1,415 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Wright & Company is a gastro-bistro located on the second floor of the historic Wright-Kay building in downtown Detroit. We serve contemporary American small plates, craft cocktails, natural and biodynamic wines and craft beers from around the world. Our entrance is on the John R side of the building, toward the alley.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is located on the second floor and the main door to get to the elevator is set back from Woodward.

What an utter bummer to find our that they no longer have the scallops, it was last month. Saw pics on here and it looked so good.

I settled on the avocado salad and the roasted beet salad and confit duck legs, it’s a poultry of sorts, right?

It’s quiet, so I decided to eat at the bar and keep it casual. Some of the best service is at the bar.

I am already thinking of where else I might like to eat downtown since I am here and may need more food to satiate me.

Bartender is nice and friendly as usual at the bar. Great service at the bar, runners brought me my food items as they finished, swiftly and quietly.

The avocado is so nice, loving the crispiness of the shallots on top and the richness and saltiness from the feta is a great accomplishment to the smoothness of the avocado. That was really quite good, hard to share that salad. The shallots give it a feel of the avocados dipped into a really yummy French onion dip.

The 3 beet salad wasn’t bad, like the whipped feta, not as much punch or awesomeness as the avocado salad to me, not bad though. This should have come out first before the avocado salad and then I might not have been as disappointed in the beet salad. It’s a tough act to follow after the avocado for certain. The pink or center beet almost looked like raw tuna for a second.

The confit duck leg has some great flavoring, the mandarin glaze and orange zest suit the duck perfectly. The deep fried duck gives the skin a nice texture.

The avocado salad was still my favorite part of the meal. I could have eaten 3 of these avocados salads and filled myself on that alone.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (401)

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Super long wait. Promised 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours arrived at 5 pm. Waited 2 while half the restaurant was empty for some office party. You need 6 for reservations and one group had half the space while a usual Saturday crowd was crammed in. The service was great as was the food. Whoever let half the space get reserved on a weekend should be fired. We could have gone elsewhere if we had been told up front. Too much good competition in Detroit today.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019

An amazing dining experience! Great atmosphere, views, outstanding food and drinks. A must try spot in the heart of the city

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 30, 2019

We loved this restaurant. They did a great job with the design - exposed brick, beams, stuffed leather seating and a beautiful chandelier to top it off. The atmosphere was very energetic and sophisticated. Staff was fantastic and the food was delicious. I highly recommend and would gladly return .

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 27, 2019 via mobile

Great place, tricky to find tho. Had to use the side door in the ally to get up to it on the second floor. Loved the duck legs and squash dish. Thought the salads were a bit over priced but still delicious. Cheesecake trio was amazing. Highly recommend, fun small plate long meal place.

Date of visit: November 2019