“Girls Weekend”

MotorCity Casino Hotel
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I spent a weekend at MotorCity Casino & Hotel with my girlfriends for a little getaway from our families. It was beyond fantastic! Our room was beautiful. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite complete with jacuzzi bathtubs and tile showers. A living room with a flat screen tv, dining room table and mini kitchenette. It was very contemporary but also comfortable.

We also enjoyed a 25-minute massage in the D-Tour Spa. It was so relaxing. We went to the spa early to check out the sauna & whirlpool. The service was impeccable and the massage was unbelievable. I could have sat there all day! What a great addition to our day.

After our massage, we went upstairs to have dinner at Iridescence. It was a fabulous meal - caesar salad and filet mignon. Right after we went to Amnesia nightclub for our evening out.

All in all it was a great hotel with a lot at our fingertips - spa, restaurant and nightlife. It was a snowy night and we were so glad that we had all these amenities at our hotel so we didn't have to leave! I was so impressed and loved our stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rylee_B2011

Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed here for a girls getaway for one night. Our stay was amazing! The hotel room was great. We had an amazing view of downtown Detroit. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful - separate shower and deep soaking bathtub. One of the best rooms I've ever stayed in.

We also had dinner upstairs at Iridescence. I wasn't extremely hungry so I stuck with the onion au gratin soup and arugula salad. Both were very tasty! Our server was phenomenal. It was an extremely snowy night and we had a table right by the window and we were able to enjoy our meal and watch the snow fall over Detroit.

We also spent part of our evening at the nightclub Amnesia. Great music and atmosphere. I haven't been to a club in a while, so it was a fun change of pace.

All around great hotel! Would definitely, definitely come back to stay again. Impeccable service.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jen_P_Schultz
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We had a great room, beautiful!!! Great staff, they will help you with anything you need.
The food is great , casino is fun. The beds are nice and comfy and really nice.
They give you free slippers you can wear or take with you. And free robes but you cant take them home, they are just there for your stay.
Everything is great at motorcity!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Nice complimentary valet service. Easy and polite check in.

We were on the 13th floor which is key access in the elevator. The room was stunning! The bed and pillows were super comfortable and I want that bathroom in my home. Love it! Soaker tub, separate closed in shower and separate toilet.

Had a little difficulty finding light switches but that was okay it helped when we needed to call security about the rowdy group who decided to have their argument in the hallway. Not that it was the hotel's fault that a select group of patrons are inconsiderate and loud. However, being that it is part of a casino, they should have better sound proofing between the rooms and lobby. Saying that my 4 hours sleep is affecting the review of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CulinaryGoddess
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I took my boyfriend here for a surprise night away at the hotel and to see Brian McKnight. The room was amazing, staff was amazing, and so was the concert. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. However, the casino and restaurants could use some work. Not as nice as MGM's Casino and Restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This is the second time we've stayed at the MotorCity and again, it did not disappoint. We stayed on the 13th floor in an executive room and the room was beautiful. It is well appointed with lovely dark wood furniture, comfortable bed, and spacious bathroom with a separate water closet.
We also enjoy the location of this hotel. Some people think it's in a "bad" neighborhood but it's actually very convenient, especially if you are traveling in your own vehicle. Parking is close to the hotel and appears to be safe (there are usually security guards assisting with parking on busy nights like Fri, Sat) and it is very well-lit. It's close to the Lodge Freeway, and close to I-75. We went to the Tigers game Saturday Sept 25 and it was a $5 cab ride right to the front gates of Comerica. I wouldn't recommend walking anywhere from the hotel, but the cabs are just a step away outside the casino. I think the fare to Greektown was also around $5. Again if you're in your own car, everything is within easy driving distance.
The casino didn't exactly make us rich, but there are enough machines and tables to keep everyone happy. There is a strong scent of "cologne" but it is MUCH easier to take than a bunch of cigarette smoke, which seems to be under control with some kind of ventilation system. But, that's a casino for you, whether it's in Detroit, Las Vegas, or anywhere else.
One additional item we like about this place - there is a security guard outside the hotel elevators. They actually look at your room card, and sometimes even swipe it to ensure you actually have a room. I think that is a great security measure, and it is much appreciated.
We really like this hotel and would definitely recommend it. It rivals anywhere we've stayed in Las Vegas, and for all the appointments in the room, it's not extremely expensive, either.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Upon arriving, I was a little concerned because in a residential area that doesn't have a lot to offer. Once I was inside, I had no reason to leave for my 3 day conference. The rooms are lovely and plush, with all the amenities you need. I was on the 7th floor and it was quiet. I enjoyed the bar up top which had a band and dance floor, good bartenders, fun surroundings and a great view of the skyline. As a conference center, very handy with the walk from rooms to education areas pretty easy, lots of eating options between sessions and good food served at the conference. The meeting rooms were all close and it was easy to navigate. The service from the bell staff, to front desk, to security to banquet servers to housekeepers was excellent and consistent. You could tell they were trained and motivated to customer service. Nice job. So I splurged for room service and ordered a pizza. My Little Caesars Pepporoni pizza came up piping hot and I swear the best I have ever had. The cheesecake was awesome too. I did not venture into the casino because of the busy conference schedule, but qutie a nice hotel and look forward to attending at least business functions in the future here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business