“Nice hotel with a Vegas style feel”

MotorCity Casino Hotel
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Detroit
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a family wedding. We had blocks of rooms reserved. When I asked to be near some of the family that were already staying there , I was met with no response. We were not near any of our family. We used the shuttle service and were very happy with that. The beds seemed a little bit small for the frame they were in. When you were getting in and out of bed it would scrape you on your shins. The refrigerator in the room was packed full of for charge items. So packed that there wasn't room for anything else to go in it. If you move any of the items, you will get charged automatically for what you moved, as it is weighted and bills you as soon as you lift it off. They will take it off your bill if you take the time to go down to the front desk and talk to them. I liked the fact that they had a large tub as well as a separate shower. They also had a couple of body sheets as well as bath size towels. Also terry robes. We requested a late check out and were told it would be a $50.00 charge. We decided to take the regular check out time. My nephew &niece aka. the bride and groom ,who took the time to make up swag bags for everyone who stayed there and paid $3.00 each bag to have them put in families rooms and some of them didn't get the bag. Otherwise it was a nice place with Vegas like amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here as a guest of a friend. The room was beautiful, as is the hotel - but the light fixtures in the room were cracked, the carpet was dirty and stained, the lighted mirror had a bulb burned out, there was a scale in the room that had a dead battery. That's not the kind of stuff I would expect from a location that supposedly is a four star hotel. The room was also dark - bathroom was dark. Not a bad place, just not well maintained - or not what I would expect. It's easy to get to, the Valet parking is great. Check in was great. Staff always said something nice. Don't be afraid to go, just dont' expect perfection.

Room Tip: If you want a view, make sure you don't get the parking lot side of the hotel. You want the city...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hugh C
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed 4 nights for a convention and the rooms are great. Entire staff is very friendly and eager to please. Parking on site is free and very easy in and out. Conference spaces are nice, catering is excellent. Looking forward to coming back for a leisure trip this summer!

Room Tip: High floors on the south side provide commanding views of downtown, the river and Canada.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Awesome hotel!! Staff is very friendly and personable. Rooms are very large and clean. Walk in shower is a bonus for people who love them. Going 2 the Detroit Tigers game 2night for the ESPN Sunday Night game of the week against our hated current World Series Champs rivals th Boston Red Sox!!! I recommend this hotel for anyone who enjoys the best in life!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at the MotorCity Casino Hotel for business recently. The hotel is easy to find and conveniently located downtown. The parking garage is a bit of a pain. Everyone is very nice and helpful. The room was nice. The bed was comfortable. The shower and tub were great. Good water pressure and hot water.

I didn't get a chance to gamble but I did walk around the casino to check it out. It looked nice. I might stay here next time but I am tempted to check out the other casino hotel in town.

Don't spend alot of time trying to get a spot near the door for self park. Suck it up and walk.

Room Tip: I stayed on the executive level with key access only. It was very nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Flafreckles
Reviewed May 30, 2014

There was a HUGE problem the night we stayed. My fiance turned 25 the day before we came here, he never got his license cut with an attached paper because it was a mail in renewal and it was actually a surprise for his birthday. A few minutes before the concert we decided we should smoke a cigarette so we went to enter the casino and got IDed. They let us both in. Later that night after the concert we wanted to actually play at the casino and went to enter and they wouldn't let us in because his ID wasn't valid. But we mailed in the renewal not thinking this would be such a huge problem. I asked the man up at the front desk about it he said there was nothing he could do. I called customer service and they said they couldn't comp me or anything. This was a birthday surprise, I paid $300 or more for my ONE NIGHT STAY and the hotel didn't offer to do anything to help or fix this problem. I will not be returning to this hotel for this reason. They apparently don't care if their customers are satisfied and leave them a review or contact the better business bureau because I actually wrote corporate about this problem and told them I would contact the better business bureau and leave them an online review and they never even responded...this was over a week ago! Thanks for making my first and only experience a terrible one. I would give a 0 if it was allowable! Save your money!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KWit3811
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The rooms are okay, just looked old and outdated. The whole hotel and casino needs a makeover. The bed was comfortable, nice bathroom, room service breakfast was prompt and good tasting. Location, however, is not good at all. You can't access anything on foot outside of the casino because of location and safety. I would not leave the property on foot if you're visiting. Spa is very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple