“Good stay”

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Detroit, Michigan
“Good stay”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had visit before; however this was my best experience. The weather had been brutal in our area and this stay made me feel out of town at a great place. From beginning to end things went well, like maybe the staff had just had a lesson in customer service. Valet friendly ,prompt . Registration desk friendly hassle free. Room was clean with ultimate amenities and bedding. Casino entertainment was fantastic for free with the best of Motown sounds, people friendly and having a fun time, bar drinks on point. Breakfast at buffet excellent variety you could be naughty or nice, our server was attentive and professional. Last but not least the slots were kind of friendly! Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Pkmccants

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Greenville, Michigan
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The rooms are Very Clean and very well appointed. The downside is that the rooms are very noisy from anyone walking down the hall or from your next door neighbors, when built, any sound deading was not thought of. However we liked the rooms so well that we will give it another try.

Room Tip: Request a room away from elevators and ice machines.
1 Thank Klepper42264
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I booked at room at the MotorCity Casino as part of my husband's 50th birthday. It wasn't a let down! Our room was spacious, modern, spotless and very comfortable. I thought it was a nice touch to have a couple of small free bottles of water. I loved the bathroom! The deep tub was to die for as was the nice marble shower, big enough to have a party in! The bed was also super comfortable. Check in was quick and the clerk was very friendly and courteous. Our room was on the 14th floor so we were able to enjoy free hot munchies from 5 - 7 pm in the evening and a continental breakfast from 6 - 10 in the morning. Both were excellent but if I had to choose one I would say I enjoyed the breakfast more. However, for having it included in our room it was a fantastic perk and very tasty! The attendent both in the evening and morning were excellent and stayed on top of keeping the dishes full of food and clearing away the dirty dishes. My only comment was they need at least one more table or at the very minimum another couch and coffee table to accommodate everyone. Many people were standing both in the evening and morning.
We had a fantast time in the casino (no we didn't win but we had fun!) and enjoyed having a room right there. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the 13th floor or higher so as to be included in the evening munchies and morni...
1 Thank Lisa L
Michigan
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Everything sparkled, hallways, elevators....the room was modern and clean, had a restful night. Check in took too long, not enough staff to accommodate the long line of people, they could be a little bit more hospitable too.

1 Thank DiamondPlus
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Uncovered parking in Detroit? During winter? Not the best way to make a good first impression... The check in process was quick and efficient, but the front-desk manager didn't provide any answers to my touristy questions. The rooms are GREAT, free wi-fi was a huge plus and the room service surprised me with its quality and healthy choices. The underground food court is a DISASTER especially if you are a vegetarian like me.
Summing up I liked it, i would definitely return next year. The staff could be a little bit more friendly and hospitable.

Room Tip: The building is located in the middle of nowhere do views will be less than charming no matter which...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nico-Villar
Madison Heights, Michigan
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a spa day. It was amazing!! very clean, neat and the staff was over the top great! I had a massage by Deanna she was amazing. I spend a lovely evening relaxed, and full. I had eaten at their buffet, and had a quiet nights rest in one of their very clean rooms. I really enjoyed my perfect day/night away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Patricia B
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Let's start with the free self-park. Sure that's because of the Casino, but it was great. Upon arrival, the hotel was noted to be clean and modern. A quick check in and we were notified we had been upgraded to executive level, which included hor d'oeuvres that evening and breakfast the following morning.

We went up to our floor, via the very clean elevator and the very, very clean hallways. We noticed everything sparkled here.

Our room was great, separate tub/shower, with a separate room for the toilet as well. Everything was modern and clean. There are a few "little things" like q-tips and cotton balls available, which I thought was a great touch.

The beds were very comfortable, and being on the 14th floor allowed for a spectacular view of Detroit. We were there for a Red Wings game, so we got ready and headed to the Casino to catch the shuttle to the game.

After the game (the Wings beat the Canucks 2-0), we went back to our room, had a drink or two to loosen our grip on our cash prior to us heading down to the casino. The Casino itself is spotlessly clean, however it is very, very smokey. We both played a little while and both won a little money - enough to pay for lunch the next day.

Overnight the hotel was quiet - no noises in the hallways to be heard.

The breakfast was okay, coffee, bagels/bread, cereal, yogurt, fruit. The hot selection was oatmeal. The Sheraton Club lounge at Pearson Airport in Toronto is an example on a great executive/club lounge. This was the only place I found the hotel to be lacking - although really, it's free food/drink.

All in all, this was a great experience. I will absolutely return to this hotel on future trips.

Room Tip: 13-15th are executive levels!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends