“Moms night off” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Moms night off”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Every month I head to Motor city for a night off! I enjoy the clean rooms, huge bath, awesome turkey burgers and entertainment in the casino. Great to just spend an evening relaxing alone and taking time to myself. The past coule of times there has nto been a hairdryer in the room but guest services were quick to bring one up. Love the pillow library

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Angie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Dunedin, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Mrs.Ilitch: Please cut your losses and sell your casino.
We stayed 2 nights. The rooms are very nice but you staff dosen't pay attention to the cleaning details. Debris in chair cousions and stains on bed floor boards. The fridge and snack tray auto charge is a joke and renders the use of the fridge ussless.

On night 1 at 2:11 am there was a loud knock on the neighbors door. You could here a lady say O my God I am freaking out I have been robbed ,black man red hat red shoes on the elevator.

On night 2 after returing from a Tiger game we went for dessert in the Lodge cafe. We waited 20min to be seatted because the tables were un bussed. Not 1 or 2 90% of them. We ordered what was suppose to be warn apple cobbler with ice cream. We got cold canned apples,cold sauce and no ice cream. We brought this to the attention of our waitress. We waited 10min for the ice cream . She said that a manager would speak with us. 20min later no manager.I tracked down the waitress got our bill paid and left. We spoke to the manager at the hotel front desk and he reimbursed us for the cobbler.

Security was doubled the second night. I felt as if i had to keep my head on a swivel ever time we left the room. Every were we went the staff acted as if they didn't care and had a thats not my job attitud. Hotel manager and attendant in hotel store were the exception.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank LED1977ZEPP
New Port Richey, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Rooms were great and great food at the Buffett but forget about taking a walk or walking to a resteraunt Better off staying in Greek Town. Cigerette smoke was terrible in the casinos. Free fountain drinks but it was serve yourself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank branch2008
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The negative reviews that I read are accurate. The whole place smells like cig smoke. It is in a rough neighborhood. I felt somewhat uncomfortable for a variety of reasons.

On the positive, the rooms are actually pretty nice and it has some good amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tommyboyOSU
Amherstburg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Enjoyed the stay at the MCC. Parking was easy, the room was spacious and clean. The only down fall is there is nothing around there, if you don't want to drive, you definatly don't want to walk, you have to cab it. Now saying that, it was only a $6.00 cab ride from Joe Louis area back to the Hotel. All in all, I enjoyed MCC and will come back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave G
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

The company I work for had their Christmas party at the casino and we were given a room. Even though I live in Detroit, it was nice because I didn't have to drive home after the party. We waited in line for so long (45 mins) to check in, they upgraded our room to the executive suite. The best thing about the room were the beds. They were so soft and cool. As soon as we laid in it, we were taken away to dream land. The bathroom was very nice with marble walls and floors, extra deep bath tub and one of those rainfall shower heads that felt like a head massage when you stood under it. It came with robes (really stiff, not soft) and "all natural" amenities (shea butter soaps, tea tree shower gel, etc.). I love the dark chocolate wood decor and the view of the city from the window. We received complementary valet parking. Tip: Don't touch the mini bar, not even to remove it from the slot to look at it. That's a instant room charge of $15+.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DyBunny
Romeo, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at MCC twice in the past 7 months on business. Both times I have found it to be "just okay." From the marble lobby to the Iridescence restaurant to both my rooms, MCC strikes me as an idea someone once cared deeply about but then lost interest. You expect a little wow-factor when you have your choice of three competing casinos, but the rooms aren't left spotless by the maids, the TV remotes barely work, and the bathroom supplies are not all that different from what Hampton Inn provides. Even the casino feels old and tired compared to the nearby MGM Grand. Not that MCC is a place to avoid: it's okay, but keep your expectations in check.

• Stayed May 2013